• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

One loafer above all others

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn boat shoes in the snow. It was slippery but comfortable, and made more sense on the uni campus than it may sound.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I suppose if I drive I will wear loafer more often in the winter, but definitely not if I have to walk a lot..

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the loafer and the prevailing conditions. A lined loafer when cold but dry? Sure. Unless I’m going to be outside all day, I’ve done it without being uncomfortable.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This also depends on individual tolerance. I'm willing to bet that a lot of people who can't stand loafers in the cold also don't mind summer quite as much.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
I’ll wear loafers in the cold just like I wear my boots in the summer. The exception being if it’s raining, although in Southern California it doesn’t rain often.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you showing off shoes from two different pairs or is this just one pair? These shoes are quite literally different colors
my thought was mismatched shoes too at the beginning, but they are the same pair as having identical serial no. inside. not bothering me anyway.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My 184 size is the same as all my other EG sizes (meaning the size I take for the 202, 606, 888, etc)

No experience with the Rain last. Conventional EG sizing is 1/2 size down from your US size. So if you're a 9D in US sizing, then you're prob 8.5E or 8.5F in Edward Green's UK sizing

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.