• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One Alcohol

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you had to limit yourself to one form of alcohol for all occasions -- happy hour, meals, cocktail parties, sporting events, etc. -- what would it be and why? If you can go ahead and narrow it down to a type of alcohol, go ahead and do so.

Tough choice, but I think I would go with an IPA, which is great for watching sports but also versatile enough to be paired with food.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wine gives me bad head crushing hangovers.

Hard liquor I don't want to drink while eating.

Beer I vote for.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beer FTW because of the taste and assortment of styles/flavors.
Hard-A for getn wasted off of because it doesn't make me feel bloated.
Wine for food/quiet time.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
If you had to limit yourself to one form of alcohol for all occasions -- happy hour, meals, cocktail parties, sporting events, etc. -- what would it be and why? If you can go ahead and narrow it down to a type of alcohol, go ahead and do so.

Tough choice, but I think I would go with an IPA, which is great for watching sports but also versatile enough to be paired with food.

IPA is a good call, or an unfiltered wheat beer.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Beer. Or even better: Delirium Tremens.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i normally drink beer or hard liquor, but if i had to limit myself to one form of alcohol, i would choose with wine.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beer, more liquid so you can drink more of it when singing, talking or eating ..

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
voting for wine.. Whilst beer is great for going out and a refreshment on a hot day I still find that it lacks subtlety compared to wine.. And yes, I am saying that while I live about 20km from the belgian border. I can pair great beers with a lot of meals, but it still misses something in comparison.. and allthough the spirits can more than hold their ground they still lack one vital thing for me= social acceptance before 1 o clock in the afternoon
smile.gif
allthough that can be fixed at times with cocktails.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love beer, but it gives me brutal hangovers these days. The filthy taps that most pubs use probably don't help matters.

There's more than enough variety in wine to keep me happy for my remaining years.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though Scotch is the best it gets for me, its just not versatile enough. So beer it is, a good IPA or pale ale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads