• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On the Street in NYC....Vintage Biker

The Sartorialist

Reaction score
vintagebiker6tu.jpg

Where did he get those pants? ,find out at The Sartorialist http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Is that the guy from the Paul Stuart logo?

Seriously, this is too costumey for me. Was this guy participating in some sort of period re-enactment club outing?

ted

Reaction score
He looks Ok I guess.
I wouldn't wear that though - I'd feel like I was in a movie.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
damn, here I thought it was going to be a shot of a guy in vintage 501 jeans, engineer boots, vintage schott perfecto, and one of those 50s 'brando' motorcycle caps while sitting on a '59 Triumph. I don't really care for this fellow's gear....not sure why exactly as I have a huge appreciation and love for vintage clothing, but he just looks like someone who could be very obnoxious to me.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The knickers make it too much of a costume. Where the heck did he get those anyway? I'm not wild about the hat, but if those were long pants with inward-facing pleats, the look would work.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
he looks stupid but more power to him n life's rich tapestry n all that crap

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it weren't for the knickers, I'd give the outfit two thumbs up. It has a nice, country Irish look to it. Not a fan of the knickers.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admire his courage, but I am strangely put off. Strikes me as a combination of several Tintin characters. Isn't the bike a little short for him?

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a young Montgomery C Burns?

Aureus

Reaction score
Looks alright, but costume. Had he had on normal slacks in the same color it'd be a nicely put together outfit.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Danny McDipshit if you ask me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads