1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

On the Street in NYC....Polo Playa

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The Sartorialist, Mar 20, 2006.

1. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Maybe because the suit is one size too small??

I don't think it's one size too small overall. It fits well in the shoulders and waist. The chest is a different story. It looks a little small in that area, leading to the odd lapel roll.

2. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Senior member

[​IMG]

Summer on the Coney Island Boardwalk at The Sartorialist http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

I reckonize the, woman, inside the door window, from buying squashs.

3. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Senior member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the shirt collar.

It is not, a polo collar.

4. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Senior member

reckonize

v. To propose a theory or conjecture.

(recognise) [​IMG]

Back to the subject at hand, I think any observations about fit should be tempered by the fact that it's windy, he's walking and he has his hands in his pockets. All of these are going to add up for a chance snap of the camera to catch them at their weakest.

No excuse for that wacko cutaway collar, though. Not to mention the tie makes for a blandtastic combo with the brown tweed.