1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

On the Street in NYC....Madison Ave. Sarorialist

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The Sartorialist, Apr 2, 2006.

1. The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist Well-Known Member

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

Super! Is that a DB waistcoat under there? If so, wow. The gloves in the pocket are a nice touch -- I've always wanted something in the breast pocket of a dress coat, but a pocket square is waaaaay to affected. Learned something today.

Regards,
    Huntsman

3. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Distinguished Member

looking very fashionable train conductor.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

he looks like he is in a play and just got done with a performance. He is dressed nice enough, but he looks more "retro" than most folks who try to be retro.

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Distinguished Member

For the full look and the most beautiful girl (legs!) I have shot so far check
    The Sartorialist http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

You're right about the legs, but you've posted prettier.

6. Jill

Jill Senior Member

I love everything about it except the shoes. Don't get me wrong. I love the shoes too. But they're too spring/summer for the overcoat. Nice, but season-inappropriate, IMHO.

OK. I clicked through to the original post on the Sartorialist site where you can actually see the shoes, which aren't visible here.

Sharp look, though. I like it.

7. Tyto

Tyto Senior Member

I love everything about it except the shoes. Don't get me wrong. I love the shoes too. But they're too spring/summer for the overcoat. Nice, but season-inappropriate, IMHO.
    Great point: maybe it would be different if the overcoat was just a simple raincoat--and, perhaps, tan? My only other quibble is the button position on the waistcoat: the two bottom buttons seem to be spaced differently from the bottom of the waistcoat.

Still, he *is* very sharp overall--and he really pulls off the derby.