• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On the Street in NYC....Duncan Quinn

The Sartorialist

Reaction score
quinnwhite7mj.jpg

more at The Sartorialist http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

Duveen

Reaction score
He looks like he is about to throw down.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duveen
He looks like he is about to throw down.

Yeah, but in a Benny and the Jets kind of way.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the colors (the tie might be a bit much), but hate the way it looks on him. The sleeves (both on the coat and on the shirt) are too short for my taste, his shoulders look extremely constricted in the suit (like he would strain to raise his arms more than six inches), the suit coat itself is too tapered for my taste and looks uncomfortable (he's a thin guy, and he still looks like he's ready to bust out of that suit coat). Also, the spread collar and huge tie knot combined with the narrow fitting suit coat makes his head and shoulders appear, in the words of my two year old, "teeny tiny." Maybe this is the looks he's going for, but it's not for me.

My monitor at work sucks, so it's hard for me to pick up details such as the length of the suit coat or the fit of the trousers. However, the suit coat appears quite short.

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Yeah, but in a Benny and the Jets kind of way.

I'd go with Westside Story choreography, tho'.

Lots of finger snaps and stiletto combs.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Is it me or does everything about this guy scream "I am trying incredibly hard" in a bad way.

I think it's you.

He looks pretty good, though I agree about the tie knot -- much too large.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it make sense to wear everything tight and short, small so to speak, and then cap the look off with a huge knotted tie? The contradiction doesn't seem to work to me.

I also think that is way too much cuff showing. I'm curious if he has high-waters on to match the short sleeves.

Finally, what is up with the rooster haircut, not just with this guy but in general? When is it going to just go away???

bryce330

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Also, the spread collar and huge tie knot combined with the narrow fitting suit coat makes his head and shoulders appear, in the words of my two year old, "teeny tiny."

"Teeny tiny"? I think the guy's head looks enormous.

Also, the pockets on the jacket look ridiculous. The tie is actually the only thing I like about the outfit.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the colors alot, but hate the fit of the jacket -- the shoulders seem a bit too wide, and the rest seems too tight and too short. It makes his head appear oversized.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreyFlannelMan
I think it's you.

He looks pretty good, though I agree about the tie knot -- much too large.

I just think the haircut, the scowl, the tie knot which is so out of proportion to the cut of the suit. Many (including many of the "man on the street" pictorials that Sartorialist has graced us with) have found ways of dressing unique and spectacular without looking so contrived.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm big on Duncan Quinn and have many shirts from him and am even contemplating a bespoke/mtm suit from his place in the near future, but I agree his tie knot is way too big for that suiting cut and his shirt sleeve and jacket length do seem too short. The amount of cuff showing is fine with me (I like .5" - 1" showing) but the overall lengths of both do look off. But it could be the way he's standing that's making the sleeves ride up a bit. Don't dig the patch pockets on the jacket but I really like the shorter length.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just can't get past the haircut and his expression. He looks like he should be modelling for Express or Kenneth Cole.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
hate the short sleeves, like the lapel roll, hate the patch pockets. pulling too much at the fastening point - coupled with the too-short sleeves really looks like he borrowed it from his kid brother.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics