On the Street in NYC....Charvet Trunk Show at Bergdorf's

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The Sartorialist, Mar 27, 2006.

1. The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist Well-Known Member

2. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

You had dinner with Colban?!

Anyway, just wanted to say -- great pictures. It's always interesting and informative to see what new you've come up with.

3. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Do you see Jean-Claude around the store much or does he work more with the corporate end of things?

4. The Sartorialist

Dinner with Jean-Claude was so nice

He is based in Paris so I don't know how often he gets to the stores here

5. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Congrats on having him as a fan. You are certainly connected to the right folks - I'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of those dinner parties!

6. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

He indicated that he only comes to Bergdorf and I can't remember if that was once or twice a year.

I was wondering what part of the business he is involved with in Paris.

7. The Sartorialist

like I said on the blog, considering who he is I was surprised i didn't talk to him much about the business - he is very interested in alot of different things so we talked about all that stuff. He actually asked me a lot of questions about the blog and why I was doing it, etc

He talked a little about design and that he wasn't really involved in the business when he was younger but he really enjoys it now.

he is very soft spoken with a lovely french accent so it makes everything he says sound so important - I think I might try learning how to do that.

8. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

he is very soft spoken with a lovely french accent so it makes everything he says sound so important - I think I might try learning how to do that.

Faking a French accent may or may not make your words sound more important, but I know that many people suggest speaking more softly and slowly to engage your listener more. Getting them to lean forward to hear you better is a great device to get, and keep, attention.

9. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

Fake an English accent -- it's easier and most Americans think that anyone with an English accent is smart. Doesn't matter if what is being said comes from someone with an Oxbridge accent or a Northern accent -- it's all the same to most Yanks!

Plus, it saves you from the potentially embarassing situation of having someone hear your French accent and then speak French to you (presuming you don't speak French).

Another kudos on your blog -- it has become almost as essential to me as SF!