• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On the spot pimple potions?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am lookng for on the spot pimple potion, basically for spot treatment. I have heard great things about Sonya Dakar drying potion (pretty much works like magic). Put it on the zit at night and the next day it is pretty much gone. Anyone have any personal experience with this stuff or can recommend another?

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I am lookng for on the spot pimple potion, basically for spot treatment. I have heard great things about Sonya Dakar drying potion (pretty much works like magic). Put it on the zit at night and the next day it is pretty much gone. Anyone have any personal experience with this stuff or can recommend another?

toothpaste.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
toothpaste.

I used to try this years ago but from my experience it didnt do ****, if anything it seemed to make the area worse and more red

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone told me that tea tree oil made them disappear overnight. so in HS i tried it and that smell was so bad that i couldnt sleep. if you can stand the smell then it might work.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
someone told me that tea tree oil made them disappear overnight. so in HS i tried it and that smell was so bad that i couldnt sleep. if you can stand the smell then it might work.

yea i worked at GNC during HS and always had people coming in to buy tee trea for spot acne, but the smell isnt that great... there have been a few articles in back issues of GQ/Details that spotlighted some products but I cant seem to find them nor do I have the time to look through my old issues from 04 till now... I want to try out the dakar stuff but it is quite pricey.

e23

Reaction score
sonya Dakar drying potion looks good but it's not worth the price for such a small amount.

Mblova

Reaction score
I used to try this years ago but from my experience it didnt do ****, if anything it seemed to make the area worse and more red

Hmm quite odd. I used this very remedy and it worked. Maybe i caught my pimple in the very early state? Was the toothpaste you used, a whitening toothpaste? It is possible that the ones with "bleach" may not work. Idunno, i was just throwing this out there.

alex99

Reaction score
GQ recommended Anthony Logistics spot treatment a few months ago and I bought some to try out. So far it seems to work well, but I've only had to use it twice, and the pimples were pretty small anyway. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is a very thin liquid, so it is hard to apply to just a "spot". You may want to give it a try.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
We tried someone's spot lotion years ago and by the smell and consistency we figured it was camphor oil and calamine lotion - roughly equal parts. Now we make our own and it works fine. Cheap as hell, too.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
Hmm quite odd. I used this very remedy and it worked. Maybe i caught my pimple in the very early state? Was the toothpaste you used, a whitening toothpaste? It is possible that the ones with "bleach" may not work. Idunno, i was just throwing this out there.

honestly I dont rmember, I tried it in HS when my sister told me to do it, which was prob like 8 years ago.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Body Shop makes a cover stick that contains tea tree oil. It's good.

Berticus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7

Isn't there a way to use tea tree oil without simply putting it on directly? Like maybe a wrap treatment, water treatment or something?

A lot of my products have natural oils and extracts. My facial scrub, specifically, has tea tree oil, yet it doesn't smell bad, and it feels amazing on my skin.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am lookng for on the spot pimple potion, basically for spot treatment.
It's my understanding that good spot treatments have one of two key active ingredients, either glycolic acid or salicylic acid. Most people's skin responds to one much better than the other, so you have to try both and determine which works best for you.

Disclaimer: I'm neither a dermatologist nor a physician of any kind.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to the dermatologist and get some real stuff. When I used to have acne in high school I used a cream with Benzoyl Peroxide (dries it out) and Clindamycin (kills the bacteria), worked very well. Problem is that it dries out your skin a little bit, and then when I got old enough that I had to shave daily, that caused a lot of razor burn. Still have a little bottle to use in case of emergencies, it usually works overnight or at the very worst, two nights. It WILL ruin your clothes if you're not careful though, don't put it on when you're wearing anything, and don't put on any clothes until you've washed your face thouroughly.

Home remedies never worked at all for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads