• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On the spot pimple potions?

Stedye

Reaction score
I have used for years with great success an on the spot treatment made by Neutragena . It is at
most Walgreens locations and sells for less than $10.00 . It works very effectively without over
drying. Try it.

delayedReaction

Reaction score
I have the Malin + Goetz treatment. It works, but not an as overnight miracle (for me, anyway): it usually clears up after two nights. I hate the packaging though, needs a small plastic inner lid with just enough clearance to get a Q-tip in.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After hearing all the suggestions I have been looking at the following for price, ingredients, and customer reviews. For the most part they are fairly close in price and most have very high customer reviews. The main ingredients in all are either 1. BP 10% by itself, 2. Salicylic 1.5-2% by itself or 3. Salicylic 1.5-2%/Sulfur 10% combo....which main ingredient would you consider most important out of the options above? I was surprised none had BP and Sal but I am assuming the dont work together.

Here are the ones I have researched:

Anthony Logistics Spot Therapy (2% salicylic)
Aveda Outer Peace Acne Spot Relief (2% salicylic but other ingredients not that great)
Clinique M-Cover
Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel
Kiehls Blue Herbal Spot Treatment Gel
Lab Series Anti Acne Gel
Malin + Goetz Acne Treatment
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
MD Skincare Correct and Perfect Spot Treatment
Menscience Acne Spot Repair
Shiseido "˜Pureness' Blemish Clearing Gel
Sonya Dakar Drying Potion

Now just gotta figure out which to go with, I am leaning toward one of the following:
Anthony Logistics Spot Therapy
Malin + Goetz Acne Treatment
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
MD Skincare Correct and Perfect Spot Treatment
Menscience Acne Spot Repair

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went with the Malin, gonna try it out and see what happens, maybe switch it up if it doesnt work. The ingredients on it sound good though and the reviews I have read have been great.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delayedReaction
I have the Malin + Goetz treatment. It works, but not an as overnight miracle (for me, anyway): it usually clears up after two nights. I hate the packaging though, needs a small plastic inner lid with just enough clearance to get a Q-tip in.

What is it suppose to look like in person? Mine just came in the mail today and it is like a white liquid? and whats with the 'do not shake' warning? I am sure it got shaken around while in shipping transit, hope that doesnt effect its quality for some reason...

BAMF624

Reaction score
I like "ZapZyt"

Although be really careful when using all this acne stuff. Be sure to apply it before you go to sleep and after you take your shirt off. I found out the hard way that most of them contain peroxide and will bleach you clothes if you get the slightest bit on them.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a zit that's erupted and weeping, the best thing is Green Clay Powder. You mix a tiny bit with water and apply it to the area. As the clay dries it begins wicking moisture, including the pus inside the whitehead. Used it extensively when I had adult chickenpox, not a scar on me. Try it out, it's $5.00 for the clay

http://vitanetonline.com/description...-POWDER--6-OZ/

Casey

Reaction score
I've been using the M+G for a while and here are a few things you might want to know.

It works on some types of pimple better than others. For example, it can clear up a pimple on my cheek within 2 or 3 days. However, I could put it on a pimple on my forehead for a week and it will shrink just a bit, and that's probably not because of the treatment. You're not supposed to shake it because you're only supposed to use the sediment, not the alcohol. My jar's alcohol has evaporated enough so that I can tilt it and get only the sediment on the Q-tip without getting too much alcohol, which makes the sediment crackly when it dries. Don't get rid of the alcohol, though, because then the sediment will dry up. If that happens, just put a bit of rubbing alcohol in it and it should be fine again.

Busa Dave

Reaction score
Holy Crap what a bunch of IDIOTS!!!! Just watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and you will know how to get rid of a Zit!!!!!

skunkworks

Reaction score
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide + 10% AHA cream + Queen Helene's Mud Mask. Total price = $20 at your local drugstore. The BP kills bacteria, the AHA speeds up exfoliation to get it out quicker, and the mud mask wicks away oil and helps reduce inflammation (really important). There is nothing better.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ethyl Glycol. You can dilute it if you are a little ***** but why not just go for full strength?

egoiste

Reaction score
Besides potions with Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid (anything with 2.5% is fine), I also use a clay/sulfur mask on the spot treatment for ultimate effectiveness. (I like DDF Sulfur Mask, Proactiv Mask, Origins On The Spot Treatment).

Dab a bit of the mask to the area and leave it on until it's dry. Wash off. Use the BP/SA gel and it should speed up drying time. Note though this will dry out the skin a lot, but I find it works well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads