• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

On cufflinks...

Leverandon

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been lurking around and reading this site for a bit and have learned a ton. For my first legit post...I have a question about cufflinks:

I just bought my first pair of cufflinks and am curious about what direction they should face. Should the decorative side face inward or outward? I would assume outward. Is there a standard? Thanks!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leverandon
Hey guys, I've been lurking around and reading this site for a bit and have learned a ton.

I just bought my first pair of cufflinks and am curious about what direction they should face. Should the decorative side face inward or outward? I would assume outward. Is there a standard? Thanks!

Outward, always

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
Return them. Instantly. You won't get much love here for wearing single-sided cufflinks.

Disagree, granted I prefer 2 sides, but I have some antique links that are one sided which I love.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return them. Instantly. You won't get much love here for wearing single-sided cufflinks.

Eh?

Leverandon

Reaction score

Wow...I didn't even know that double sided cufflinks existed. I'm definitely a fashion noob. Anyone have a link to some quality double sided cufflinks?

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of the pieces of advice that only dorks on the internet will give. Most people you run into will not know they existed either, and if they do, not look down upon having single-siders.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As most of the time with clothing/accessories, it all depends on what one likes best. Personally (iGent as I am) prefer double-sided, chain-linked cufflinks, single-sided solid-linked are okay. T-bar: No Sir.
Regular poster here may think along similar lines.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40