• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

On Bieber

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Bieber on Conan last night. He could not really form a coherent thought, and sounded like a boy half his age. Also, the 16 year old entertainer and pop chanteur whined about not winning best new artist.

I was not impressed. The lad needs some education and an attitude adjustment.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last I read, the Rock is going to layeth the smackdown on his candy ass.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Disappointing. He always struck me as a man of keen intellect and piercing insight.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Disappointing. He always struck me as a man of keen intellect and piercing insight.

Indeed. I was really looking forward to hearing his thoughts on Chinese currency manipulation.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan

+1 Do you really expect a 16 year old pop singer to have articulate capability?

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
+1 Do you really expect a 16 year old pop singer to have articulate capability?

I wanted to support him.

I anticipate a national Wrigley Field/Disco bonfire, with young Justin tied to the stake. As contrarian as I tend to be, I enjoy defending these talented but pilloried innocents. I was a crusader for Hanson when the tide turned. But Justin gave me very little room with his comments about the best new artist loss. I can forgive the lack of articulariousness, but I needed the lad to have a strong character.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Last I read, the Rock is going to layeth the smackdown on his candy ass.

Shit! Am I not the only one psyched in SF that the Rock has returned?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Indeed. I was really looking forward to hearing his thoughts on Chinese currency manipulation.

Careful. He was on NewsHour with Jim Lehrer the other day. Said some pretty inflammatory things regarding our own monetary policy's contribution to Chinese inflationary pressures. Alan Greenspan and Ronald McKinnon were also on and tried to rebut. Bieber tore them to shreds.

APK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid to admit that I saw both of his talk show appearances last night. As if by magic, his segment with Conan started moments after his interview with Chelsea Handler wrapped up.

Conan and Chelsea both gave it a whirl, but even they could only muster a "meh" segment from Bieber. But like others have mentioned, what did you expect? I know the media-created perception is that he's kind of a sly jokester, but still, the kid is 16. Most child actors probably fare better in the talk show environment, but again, Bieber isn't even an actor.

Hannerhan

Reaction score
One of my main goals in life right now is to keep my 7 year old daughter from learning anything about Justin Bieber...I figure I have 2 years until he starts flaming out with coke-induced benders at Charlie Sheen's house, at which point the pre-teen girls will lose interest. So until then I have to remain vigilant.

As expensive as the American Girl crap is, I'll take that over tween pop stars any day of the week and thrice on Sunday.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lighthouse
I wanted to support him.

I anticipate a national Wrigley Field/Disco bonfire, with young Justin tied to the stake. As contrarian as I tend to be, I enjoy defending these talented but pilloried innocents. I was a crusader for Hanson when the tide turned. But Justin gave me very little room with his comments about the best new artist loss. I can forgive the lack of articulariousness, but I needed the lad to have a strong character.

Sidebar: Did you see how comically short that one kid was standing next to Conan? Bieber was even taller than him, and he was 21.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Shit! Am I not the only one psyched in SF that the Rock has returned?
You are not the only one. That was probably the best wrestling promo in 5 years.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Sidebar: Did you see how comically short that one kid was standing next to Conan? Bieber was even taller than him, and he was 21.

I did see that. At first, I thought Conan was on the platform. But when the camera panned back, I was stunned. Was he under 5'?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lighthouse
I did see that. At first, I thought Conan was on the platform. But when the camera panned back, I was stunned. Was he under 5'?

Well Conan is 6' 4". This kid is, at the least, a foot shorter than him.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.