1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

OMG! Mafoofan Sighting in NYC!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Nov 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Jet gave you permission to come on this side of the forum?
    Aww, you've come out to play! Hey, I'm going to be in NYC next month for a few days around the 16th or so. Free up your muthafuckin schedule!

2. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

I'm such a groupie as I got all excited at seeing SF-legend Mafoofan in NY today with his wife and (I presume) mother-in-law. Great looking Rubinacci coat btw.

Where were you? We were up and down 5th and Madison. Near J. Press, by any chance?

But the real question: did I did I not look like a robot whore?

Mafoo lives a few blocks up from me..

I don't think I've seen you around. I suppose it's only a matter of time.

They all look alike.

I think you and I definitively disprove that theory.

3. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

Where were you? We were up and down 5th and Madison. Near J. Press, by any chance?

Yep - at J. Press - I walked out a minute after you came in. I only looked up to notice you when the salesman asked if you were a member of AAAC. And I was much disappointed when you replied "Yes" rather than slapping him with your gloves and saying "I'm a SF man, beatch!"

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

Yep - at J. Press - I walked out a minute after you came in. I only looked up to notice you when the salesman asked if you were a member of AAAC. And I was much disappointed when you replied "Yes" rather than slapping him with your gloves and saying "I'm a SF man, beatch!"

It would be more colorful to say, "I'm a Fedora Lounge man, sir" and then begin beating him about the head and shoulders with your pith helmet.

Moments like those make a great city...the threat of violence should always be in the air, like smog.

- B

5. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

It would be more colorful to say, "I'm a Fedora Lounge man, sir" and then begin beating him about the head and shoulders with your pith helmet. Moments like those make a great city...the threat of violence should always be in the air, like smog. - B
    Isnt Foo also a member of the LL? A duel is much more refined [​IMG] En Gahde, suh!

6. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

The salesman asked if he was a member of AAAC???

7. robin

robin Well-Known Member

He was measuring his iGent level.

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm sure something led him to ask that Q, but I wasn't really paying attention prior to that question being asked.

9. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm sure something led him to ask that Q, but I wasn't really paying attention prior to that question being asked.

how many paragraphs was mafoo's answer?

10. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

I made a comment about how the regimental ties were mostly made in the U.S. and Ireland whereas they were nearly all Chinese-made the last time I was in the store.

11. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

I made a comment about how the regimental ties were mostly made in the U.S. and Ireland whereas they were nearly all Chinese-made the last time I was in the store.

When I was in there a year ago, one of the salesman said that the Chinese-made merch on offer previously made their stalwarts have a cow.

J. Press' Japanese overlords learned their lesson, and it was not re-ordered.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

They all look alike.

what a racist thing to say, you must not know any ASIANS , right???

hehehe just kidding

13. Film Noir Buff

Although you were duty bound to comment on the tie choices of origin, being asked if you are an AAAC member is quite a besmirchment on your honor. I am surprised you did not step back and draw your sword cane.

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

Although you were duty bound to comment on the tie choices of origin, being asked if you are an AAAC member is quite a besmirchment on your honor. I am surprised you did not step back and draw your sword cane.

He probably only wanted to know in which direction to point him? "AAAC? The socks and underwear are over there.." [​IMG]

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I feel like I should quote Jamgood or Kav here, but I don't know which of their works would be appropriate.

16. gnatty8

Let's not, I am still re-jiggering my brain back to reality after that last clusterfuck with the Simon and Garfunkel song..

17. Film Noir Buff

He probably only wanted to know in which direction to point him? "AAAC? The socks and underwear are over there.." [​IMG]
    Or set him up with a desk and every suit swatch book so he could spend hours scouring them and then not order anything.

18. gnatty8

Or set him up with a desk and every suit swatch book so he could spend hours scouring them and then not order anything.

[​IMG]

19. crazyquik

crazyquik Well-Known Member

At which point you should have shouted something like "you like it, the lamb?!?!?!?" or something about black suits and then dashed off [​IMG]

20. 83glt

83glt Well-Known Member

At which point you should have shouted something like "you like it, the lamb?!?!?!?" or something about black suits and then dashed off [​IMG]
    What's wrong with black suits?