• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OMG I just tried on some Somet jeans @ BIG

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
I love them!! Like really!! I don't know the model name/no. but they are the slim ones with the tapering seam sewn across the thigh - one of the coolest aspects of them IMO. They fit really well and if they had a 33 I would be wearing them now - no joke. Even though I just got a pair of NS' last weekend
blush.gif
What do you guys think of Somet - haven't seen much about them on here. But for me twas love at 1st sight. ETA: If anyone's wondering the guy there said they fit like Dior's - not sure which ones.

Ott

Reaction score
I've always wanted a pair but the super-low rise scares me away.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
I've always wanted a pair but the super-low rise scares me away.

It aint that low. And I got junk which makes it appear even lower. I tried on some 34's but they had too much room (never thought I'd find 'room' in such slim jeans) and 32's were toooooo tight.

Lemme tell you, that seam on the thigh sold me. It is just so cool looking. Don't knock em till you try them on for yourself. If you have that luxury.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a pair of regular fit ones, and they're skinny as ****...basically like a new standard...i like it, rise is low though

you tried on the slims? the seam being the dart?

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i have a pair of regular fit ones, and they're skinny as ****...basically like a new standard...i like it, rise is low though

you tried on the slims? the seam being the dart?

Yeah it was the slims. I don't think they are crazy skinny but because of the seam (I think) it helps it contour more. I didn't bother trying on the regular straight ones thinking they'd be too close to the NS I just got. I knoe it's insane to by em back to back like that but so help me if they had the 33's Id have gotten them. I dug 'em that much.

Ott

Reaction score
Gordon from BiG said the rise for a size 29 regular fit is about 8.5, which is really, really low in my book..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I talked to Gordon about the white ones, I might get them just because of the sheer fact that he is such a pleasure to talk to and work with. I don't mind supporting guys like him at all.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
How are the quality of these vs pbj/sda/sam?

lighter weight and not as slubby. matter of they aren't slubby at all. but it's a different cut than those. i did notice hidden rivets which i also like. they seem solid. llike a sturdier version of apc with a deeper blue.

what's the rise on NS'?

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
11"
2.5" diff, hmm, significant. i liked it, but i can understand how some would say its too low. as for those pics, i tried on a pair that fit a lot tighter than those. i plan on wearing em raw thats why.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I can't wait to try these on when i'm in NYC in a couple weeks

...and PBJ, and John Bull, and Samurai, and Sugarcane, and......

(I almost hope they have NOTHING in my size so I can save some $$$$$)

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I can't wait to try these on when i'm in NYC in a couple weeks

...and PBJ, and John Bull, and Samurai, and Sugarcane, and......

(I almost hope they have NOTHING in my size so I can save some $$$$$)

Haha!! I hear ya. That's the only reason I didn't shell out the $265 they asking for 'em tonight. But he said he'll call me when they come in - it's a matter of time.

Holla at me when you get to NYC ok.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
Gordon from BiG said the rise for a size 29 regular fit is about 8.5, which is really, really low in my book..
Yeah.....that's like "say hello to my pubes low".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads