• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Planet Ocean - Realistic price point

MyMindSpray

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light into a realistic price point for a new Omega Planet Ocean watch (black/steel band)?

Thanks in advance

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go here:

Chronocentric Omega Forum.

Introduce yourself and ask for a dealer recommendation. You should be able to get a recommendation for an authorized dealer who'll give you anywhere from 25-35% off the retail price. No reason to pay the same price for a grey market watch.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You won't get 35% off a Planet Ocean at an authorized dealer, if you do, they either really, really like you or you are being sold a used or old watch. Dealers were buying these watches from Swatch at 50% off retail. Now, Swatch sells them at 45% off retail. The dealers aren't eating that 5%.

MyMindSpray

Reaction score
Thank you everyone...very imformative...i'll give those ideas a try.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also try Sec (short for Secundino, I believe) at Kenjo in NYC.

40 Wall Street (tel - 212.402.7000)

30% should be pretty automatic.

SartorialSheepdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You won't get 35% off a Planet Ocean at an authorized dealer, if you do, they either really, really like you or you are being sold a used or old watch. Dealers were buying these watches from Swatch at 50% off retail. Now, Swatch sells them at 45% off retail. The dealers aren't eating that 5%.

Call up ___________ at:

He is the owner of the shop and an authorized Omega dealer. Tell him Ed Morel from NYC told you to call him. He will definitely give you 25%, maybe 30% but I am not sure as I have not priced an Omega in quite a while. Make sure you speak to him.

Quite possibly the best dealer out there. Plus, no sales tax, unlike the 9.25% here in TN.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30% off MSRP. And I second the recommendation for Continental only because the moderator of the Omega forum on Timezone recommends him and him alone.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
25-30% off list (used to be a higher discount, but Swatch has cut back on dealer concessions)
Ed, does Swatch own Omega? I thought they were an independent firm but I guess I may be wrong.

charlief1975

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Ed, does Swatch own Omega? I thought they were an independent firm but I guess I may be wrong.

I believe they have owned Omega for a few years.

mikeber

Reaction score
Swatch owns Omega as well as ETA, the largest European watch movement manufacturer. ETA mechanisms are found in today's most brands that do not have inhouse movements.
Swatch also owns other brands like Breguet, a legendary name, but with not much connection to it's origins.
Like in the car industry, many watch brands are just names. Inside one can find the same movements.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Swatch group also owns Glashutte Original, one of the best brands imo, Longines, Rado, Mido, Union Glashutte and several other brands in the lower end of the wristwatch market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads