• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Omega Constellation Double Eagle...day to day watch?

Aureus

Reaction score
I don't really like the design, but it could defintely be a day-to-day watch.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HS--
It would behoove you to visit a Tourneau or Beverly Hills one weekend, and browse every watch store you can find. Look for the piece that speaks to you, that you keep staring at, and then make your purchase after a few weeks of contemplation. Everyone will have different tastes.

The Omega is a classic. I personally dont like the mix of Roman numerals AND stick markers. I usually reserve Roman numerals for dress watches. Arabics for sport/divers or chronographs.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
HS--
It would behoove you to visit a Tourneau or Beverly Hills one weekend, and browse every watch store you can find. Look for the piece that speaks to you, that you keep staring at, and then make your purchase after a few weeks of contemplation. Everyone will have different tastes.

The Omega is a classic. I personally dont like the mix of Roman numerals AND stick markers. I usually reserve Roman numerals for dress watches. Arabics for sport/divers or chronographs.

Heh that's not necessarily a good idea NCT... you might wind up with ALOT of watches

I made the mistake of ordering the "free" Lange catalog and wound up with an 1815...heh

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i would prefer this as an everyday watch. this is my everyday watch.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
i would prefer this as an everyday watch. this is my everyday watch.

I agree completely, and I like your personal choice as well. The one thing I would differ on is that I would get the version with the date, but some like that, some don't. I like the Constellation, just not that chunky version. I think it looks like a fake from China Town. If you want that style, get the original. That said, I think the CoAxial is an amazing movement, but only in the right watch, such as the regular Aqua Terra or Rail Master version. With all that Bond marketing, the regular Seamaster line is dead to me, and the Speedmaster, while a fantastic chrono, and one of the last lines to really stay true to Omega tradition, is not for me because I'm not a chrono person.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
I agree completely, and I like your personal choice as well. The one thing I would differ on is that I would get the version with the date, but some like that, some don't. I like the Constellation, just not that chunky version. I think it looks like a fake from China Town. If you want that style, get the original. That said, I think the CoAxial is an amazing movement, but only in the right watch, such as the regular Aqua Terra or Rail Master version. With all that Bond marketing, the regular Seamaster line is dead to me, and the Speedmaster, while a fantastic chrono, and one of the last lines to really stay true to Omega tradition, is not for me because I'm not a chrono person.

I agree that the Bond marketing has been way overboard, distasteful even, but I don't think that changes the fact that the plain Seamaster Pro is still a great watch, and a landmark divers watch destined to become a classic just like the Submariner*

*Assuming of course that Omega can exercise uncharacteristic restraint in leaving at least one model alone for decades.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Constellation. It's a classic that I've wanted for a long time. I would wear it for "daily wear" with no hesitation.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Yes, it makes a great daily watch. My dad has one of these of a different variation and he wears it most of the time. It's nice because it is slim. Many modern watches are like hockey pucks. Depending how you dress, you can probably get away with this watch in almost any situation. Also, its a great quality watch that will outlive you. If you like the style, go for it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40