• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Olive Garden in North Dakota; or, the best restaurant review ever.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Simply magical.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/231419/

"The place is impressive. It’s fashioned in Tuscan farmhouse style with a welcoming entryway. There is seating for those who are waiting.

My booth was near the kitchen, and I watched the waiters in white shirts, ties, black trousers and aprons adorned with gold-colored towels. They were busy at midday, punching in orders and carrying out bread and pasta.

It had been a few years since I ate at the older Olive Garden in Fargo, so I studied the two manageable menus offering appetizers, soups and salads, grilled sandwiches, pizza, classic dishes, chicken and seafood and filled pastas.

At length, I asked my server what she would recommend. She suggested chicken Alfredo, and I went with that. Instead of the raspberry lemonade she suggested, I drank water."

alexg

Reaction score
Didn't a major newspaper do the same thing a few years ago? I'm trying to find it but I can't remember much about it at all. I want to say it was somewhere in California.

Edit: Wait, I spoke before actually reading this article. I assumed it was sarcasm.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

thats the writer.. she seems nice. please don't make fun of her.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really not sure this is the masterfully-veiled snark the internet is making it out to be. Nor is it especially quaint . I guess what I'm saying is I don't get it?

Last edited:

Newflyer

Reaction score

I'm really not sure this is the masterfully-veiled snark the internet is making it out to be. Nor is it especially quaint . I guess what I'm saying is I don't get it?

It's definitely more subtle than something from the onion or ridiculing her for being an idiot. I think it's the earnest tone of the article that makes it great, you can tell that she truly did enjoy the place and is happy to have it there. It's cute.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All in all, it is the largest and most beautiful restaurant now operating in Grand Forks.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hell, she could be my mother. I'm glad she enjoyed her lunch. I am much more glad that I don't live there.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"After a lengthy wait for Olive Garden to open in Grand Forks the lines were long in February."

This is North Dakota. In deepest winter. Maybe -30. Some folks really do have to put up w/ a lot for so little.

I'm glad she enjoyed her meal. I'm sure she'll have an equally grand time when she visits the one in Des Moines.

BTW, anyone know if chicken korma at Namastey India in Siena, Italy is any good?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used to know marilyn haggerty (not in a conne way). nice lady. been writing about food longer than most of your parents have been alive. that said: have you ever eaten in grand forks?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Did conne find this review trolling for bitches?

an article on olive garden from a site from north dakota linked by a guy in buffalo? yes it looked like he was trolling for bitches.

"After a lengthy wait for Olive Garden to open in Grand Forks the lines were long in February."

lefty won't like it, the line.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they have RANCH....

...Actually she seems nice. I hope Conne takes her someplace nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads