Oleg Cassini

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by misterbowles, Nov 2, 2004.

1. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

I just picked up an Oleg Cassini "Roma" DB suit at a thrift store. (In between a Haggar and some other piece of garbage -- isn't that always where you find the nice stuff buried?) 100% wool (probably super 80's or maybe 100's from the feel of it), black w/chalk pinstripes, and looks to be almost brand-new and of recent make. The construction seems fairly high quality to my somewhat-trained eye, and most importantly, it fits perfectly. I don't know much about Oleg Cassini other than he dressed Jackie O, though. Anyone know a bit more about his menswear reputation or this make in particular?

Thanks,
    John

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

Oleg Cassini seems to be exclusively sold at Burlington Coat Factory, from what I've seen. Typically at prices like $149 suits/$79 sport coats. There could be other tiers though.

3. misterbowles

It's definitely fused. On closer handling, the fabric really isn't as nice as I thought it was. Oh well - at least it fits nicely... Â [​IMG]

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It is crap. But half the fun of thrift shopping is buying and wearing vintage crap and still looking good.

5. misterbowles

LOL, LA Guy. You've got that right, for sure. [​IMG]