• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Smudge pots make for a great backdrop.

gmku

Reaction score
So whatever happened with the whole uncontrol-gmku thing anyway?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sick outfit rye i love those jeans...ive been wearin my old dior washed jeans again as of late

gmku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Not really. Every once in a while they pop up on ebay.

Meanwhile, back in Carpinteria...
cimg4984oi4.jpg

BoO
SSDS
Vans

Uh oh. White shoes.
blush.gif

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
sick outfit rye i love those jeans...ive been wearin my old dior washed jeans again as of late
Cheers, jeans were $8 approx, they're a dime a dozen at The Rose Bowl market in Pasadena.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's goddamn cheap, i thought those were Japanese LVC or something, regular Levi's rarely has washes like that.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
that's goddamn cheap, i thought those were Japanese LVC or something, regular Levi's rarely has washes like that.

They're real Indigo, probably pre 81. There are just so many pairs at the market, you just have to dig through to find the best fades. I had so many I just gave a bunch to The Salvation Army in Silverlake, it won't be a bad find for someone.

gmku

Reaction score
Technically not really what I'm wearing today. I wore this a few days ago for an art project on album cover parody. Camera shop brown bag Old Stones Tour of the Americas 1975 tee Jeans (not visible) old 501s
scan0006-1.jpg

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
iTunes Playing: The Sinking Belle (Blue Sheep) by Sunn O))) & Boris from the record Altar
[/url]
Harley x LV 505 x Nike

Apologies to Brutus for biting his concept!

For a minute there, I thought the shirt graphic looked like the deer head mounted at the back.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very cool photo.

gmku

Reaction score
Also from that series... Hair styled by gmku, comb & water Glasses, unknown (cheap drug store brand--this is just a prop) Tee by FOTL, navy Jacket's a Goodwill pickup, some no-name brand late-70s (??) roller rink/disco shiny jacket, white Jeans, 501s
scan0004.jpg

gmku

Reaction score
Or this version? I have to submit three distinct photos for a critique.
scan0002.jpg

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's a tough call but i think i'm going with the second...something about that straight ahead gaze has a certain intensity to it that feels more electrifying, along with the lights flashing and reflecting on both lenses. the first is good too but not quite up there with the second.

gmku

Reaction score
Yeh, the first one is a bit too theatrical, to me. Like a parody of what a parody of a rock star is, if that makes sense. A little fascinating to me personally though because it's about 180 degrees from my real life persona. The second one is more me.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gmku
Technically not really what I'm wearing today. I wore this a few days ago for an art project on album cover parody.

Camera shop brown bag
Old Stones Tour of the Americas 1975 tee
Jeans (not visible) old 501s

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...scan0006-1.jpg

Also from that series...

Hair styled by gmku, comb & water
Glasses, unknown (cheap drug store brand--this is just a prop)
Tee by FOTL, navy
Jacket's a Goodwill pickup, some no-name brand late-70s (??) roller rink/disco shiny jacket, white
Jeans, 501s

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n....jpg[/IMG]

Or this version? I have to submit three distinct photos for a critique.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...u/scan0002.jpg

I call BS on all of these. Aren't you 50 year old or something?

Is this where the newbies begin?

Hello, and thanks for the forum! It's great in here.

I'm a relative newcomer to "good" jeans. In college a few decades back I wore strictly 501s and some designer things like Calvin Kleins, and for whatever reason thereafter sort of went mindlessly with relaxed fit Levis and didn't pay much attention to what I wore outside of the office. Now that I've changed careers and work based at home (I'm now a freelance writer), casual style is much more important to me, and I've rediscovered jeans.

Most of my friends are a good 20 years younger than I am. (Yeah, I'm that old.) They're a bit conservative in dress but not as conservative as people my age, so with my slightly more adventurous attire (by standards for my age), I kind of blend with my crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads