(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asobu

asobu Senior member

sorry for the shitty pic, battery died after this one so i can't be bothered to take a better one...

[​IMG]

Y's
    Corpus
    Y's

2. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

hey i'm new here (and to dressing well, in general. i bought my first pair of >$60 jeans only a couple weeks ago) and i really don't know shit about shit. is it bad to tuck in the front of a shirt/ sweatshirt like i'm doing in the picture below?

the only reason i would do it would be to show the belt buckle, and to make the fit a little tighter near the belt area because i'm 6'3" and that, for some reason, makes almost every top really wide-fitting near the belt. as in, it looks fine from the front but looks like a triangle from the side view. is there any particular brand (t-shirts, mainly) that would provide a better fit?

any suggestions are welcome for helping me to develop a better style.

Welcome to styleforum! Not a bad fit....I personally would not tuck the sweater in, it looks awkward. At your height you should be able to find sweaters that can remain untucked and still show some belt when you move around, put your hands in your pockets, etc. I would also ditch the sneakers for something a little nicer like a leather oxford or boot or something.

Stick around, browse the boards to get to know the lay of the land, use the search function to become acquainted with popular subjects like fitted shirts, and keep posting!

3. gmku

gmku Senior member

Wow, much warmer welcome than I ever got!

4. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

I don't see much point in abusing the new inmates unless they are asking for it. Besides, everyone's gotta start somewhere and has room to improve.

5. bach

bach Senior member

hahaaha yeah, i guess those sneakers have no place within that outfit.

here is -tuck in, -sneakers:

[​IMG]

random shoes from the walking store:

[​IMG]

6. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Just curious - how long does it take to shoot all of those and then stitch'em together? And what do you use?
    See below...

Varvatos boots?
    Varvatos Chucka's

When I've done it I have used Photoshop (I'm not the master but I am decent) and it only takes an extra few minutes. The main thing is making sure the camera stays still while you press the start timer button. Oh and don't stand so you'll overlap yourself.

Somebody should make a "Post your Photoshop creations" thread if one doesn't exist already.

When I do it it's freakin' quick.[​IMG] Just set the camera up on a tripod and set the thing on "double" shot. Hit the button, stand, click, move right, stand, click, back to camera, hit the button, stand, click, move left, stand, click, back to camera, hit the button, stand, click, do something different, stand, click, etc.

When editing I just flip through the photos and find good ones that don't overlap. Last time I got lucky and found 5 that worked well together. BTW, I use Paint (yes, Paint ) to bring everything together. If I spent more time I'd probably be able to work out the lighting/lines and it'd look more real but I'm not trying to trick anyone.

That's because Rye hasn't checked in and it doesn't seem like anyone has noticed the details of the coin pocket.

7. borderline

borderline Senior member

Hiya, looking for some comments on what I was wearing over a few days this week to work (University professor). Particularly curious about your thoughts on the break in the pants. The chinos in the 2nd and 3rd pictures felt really short, but in the photos they don't look that short...Also the shirt in the 2nd picture, the dark blue LLBean, is a small. I usually wear a medium, so the fit seemed better in the chest but the sleeves might be a hair short. Can you tell?

Nothing particularly fancy or expensive here: shirts by BR, LLBean Chambray, Daniel Cremieux. Chinos are BR, jeans are 501 STF. Shoes are Trask in the first two and at the bottom some AE Stockbridge in chili color. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. gmku

gmku Senior member

I don't see much point in abusing the new inmates unless they are asking for it. Besides, everyone's gotta start somewhere and has room to improve.

Okay, well that's encouraging.

9. gmku

gmku Senior member

borderline, as far as I can tell, everything looks like it fits well. Personally, I go for slightly more length in my pants, both jeans and khakis, but what you're doing does not look wrong either. To me, at least. I might take exception with the shoes, which to me are a little more on the dressy side than I'd like with jeans. Has to do with the sheen of the leather, I think. Suede or a darker leather would seem to be a better choice. Well, and the belt--again, slightly too dressy? I dunno. It's... borderline. [​IMG]

Those are some fine looking 501s, though. Proof that you don't have to do the extravagantly priced to achieve nice results.

But who am I to be critical?

10. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

augusto86 i dig the fit.

GS...I am def feeling that shirt. Might have to get myself one.

whodini i love the ensemble...ur chick looks pretty nice too. BTW, all this time I thought you were gay. OOPS!

who ARE you?
    i am not anyones chick. don't make me come punch you in the throat. that goes for the rest of you dudes as well. have you been watching too much daytime tv?
    next you're going to say that whodini is cheating on his gay lover with me and that i'm pregnant with the gardener who is from Saturn's alien babies. [​IMG]

11. robin

robin Senior member

who ARE you?
    i am not anyones chick. don't make me come punch you in the throat. that goes for the rest of you dudes as well. have you been watching too much daytime tv?
    next you're going to say that whodini is cheating on his gay lover with me and that i'm pregnant with the gardener who is from Saturn's alien babies. [​IMG]

This Saturn? Woah.

[​IMG]

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

who ARE you?

Haha I'm sure whodini appreciates you getting so offended.

13. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

who ARE you?

Shoulda known you were just Who's "beard".....

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Whodini only has one true lobster.

15. robin

robin Senior member

Whodini only has one true lobster.
    I don't even want to know what that means. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.