(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

heh- have to chime in as well. reallly cute couple.

just finished exams as well- so i'll be contributing more. [​IMG]

augusto- just wondering, but do you always wear a tie to all your exams or just to school in general?

I wear a tie or a suit to my exams, yeah. Ever since I spent a few weeks at Oxford with a friend I decided I liked the tradition. And hey, I've gotten A's on all my exams since then, so it's working, right?[​IMG]

2. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

My $0.02: Something is off with the hat in your outfit there, but I can't put my finger on it. It looks like you're a little uncomfortable with it and it doesn't quite match the vibe of the rest of the outfit. BUT I think taken all on its own and divorced from the outfit in general, it looks good. So there's potential.
    I think the hat could work with the t-shirt but it clashes with the jeans and the boots, which I think are too "hard". I can imagine a pair of loose trousers/or even drainpipes with it and low-cut sneakers, like plimsoles. But thats not Black Cherry's style at all. But I bet he'd look smashing in it.

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I keep thinking there's got to be a way to wear a short-brimmed hat without looking like you're trying to be either Pete Dougherty or a jazz musician, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how. (Not that either of those are bad looks, incidentally.)

4. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

I think I have about 20 more years before my face looks high-mileage enough to wear a fedora or similar hat.

5. Black Cherry

Black Cherry Senior member

You can get away with dressing like an old guy easier if the fashion-conscious people you hang around are 4-5 years younger than you.

But then you're pretty much a cradle robber like me. It's a trade-off.

6. gmku

gmku Senior member

Most of my friends are a good 20 years younger than I am. (Yeah, I'm that old.) They're a bit conservative in dress but not as conservative as people my age, so with my slightly more adventurous attire (by standards for my age), I kind of blend with my crew.

7. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Ray Ban Fred Perry Earnest Sewn Dior [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

[​IMG] Informal poll: 1) Clay Aiken 2) Kevin Bacon from "Footloose"

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I almost photoshopped "Never hide." onto that first one, but I have to get to work.
    P.S. Clay Aiken
    P.P.S. Those jeans look like they're made out of moleskin or something, weird.

10. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

Well, it looks like lilac from here so I guess you're fine. [​IMG]
    Good point, though I may tempt fate with my purple label purple polo I'm thinking of wearing tomorrow! [​IMG]
    Have you been able to raise the relative level of dress in your office yet? You've been rockin some good looks the last few weeks.
    Thanks kw! One of the guys has definitely been stepping it up lately, he's got a good fit today. Only problem is, he still wears WHITE SOCKS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] with everything despite the sincere advice of his friends and loved ones. It may be time for a "sock intervention" if things don't change soon.

11. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I can't decide who's cuter in Whodini's most recent post! [​IMG]

Okay so I bought a HAT. I decided I need to cover my melon, and ratty ballcaps aren't cutting it anymore, because I'm not like 14. I'm not sure if it works with my vaguely-defined style or if I just look like a douchebag (more than usual).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Riveting walking/chapstick action.

My frames look terrible with it, probably because they're terrible in general, unfortunately.

I think the hat looks good, but maybe just a different color t shirt.

12. bach

bach Senior member

hey i'm new here (and to dressing well, in general. i bought my first pair of >$60 jeans only a couple weeks ago) and i really don't know shit about shit. is it bad to tuck in the front of a shirt/ sweatshirt like i'm doing in the picture below?

the only reason i would do it would be to show the belt buckle, and to make the fit a little tighter near the belt area because i'm 6'3" and that, for some reason, makes almost every top really wide-fitting near the belt. as in, it looks fine from the front but looks like a triangle from the side view. is there any particular brand (t-shirts, mainly) that would provide a better fit?

any suggestions are welcome for helping me to develop a better style.

[​IMG]

13. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

hey i'm new here (and to dressing well, in general. i bought my first pair of >$60 jeans only a couple weeks ago) and i really don't know shit about shit. is it bad to tuck in the front of a shirt/ sweatshirt like i'm doing in the picture below?

the only reason i would do it would be to show the belt buckle, and to make the fit a little tighter near the belt area because i'm 6'3" and that, for some reason, makes almost every top really wide-fitting near the belt. as in, it looks fine from the front but looks like a triangle from the side view. is there any particular brand (t-shirts, mainly) that would provide a better fit?

any suggestions are welcome for helping me to develop a better style.

[​IMG]

Personally I would either go with a solid shirt, or a solid sweater, I'm not a big fan of multiple patterns at once, but that could just be me... Also the casualness of your sneakers do not match the rest of your outfit in terms of casualness / non casualness....

I would suggest you wear some boots or bluchers or something, lose the sweater for a solid one, and you'd be a little better off...

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Dior [​IMG]
    Awesome shoes and even awesomer pose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.