(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andimq

andimq Senior member

2. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

3. gmku

gmku Senior member

Today I'm wearing a Hanes black tee, Levis 511s soft rigid, navy socks, and either my blue Converse lows or Born suede oxfords.

4. bob

bob Senior member

xchen there's something screwy with your left shoulder man. I like your last fit btw.

5. cloudhands69

cloudhands69 Well-Known Member

xchen there's something screwy with your left shoulder man. I like your last fit btw.

agreed. He is extremely unbalanced. I think he needs physical exercise, with a focus on chest and shoulders. I cringe every time I see a pic of him.

6. datasupa

datasupa Senior member

It could be from carrying a heavy backpack on one shoulder for years. Man up and just use both straps, stop trying to be cool. Your spine will thank you.

7. xchen

xchen Senior member

Thanks guys. I've checked it out in the mirror and it looks balanced. I involve myself in phycial activities such as hiking and occasionally mountain biking but do not use freeweights.

My backpack has been heavy this past semester but I usually use both shoulder straps. Actually, come to think about it I switched back to the backpack because my messenger back was hurting my right shoulder. It also could be that particular area where I take the pics now. Nobody's said anything until I started taking picks in that location.

8. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

Thanks guys. I've checked it out in the mirror and it looks balanced. I involve myself in phycial activities such as hiking and occasionally mountain biking but do not use freeweights.

My backpack has been heavy this past semester but I usually use both shoulder straps. Actually, come to think about it I switched back to the backpack because my messenger back was hurting my right shoulder. It also could be that particular area where I take the pics now. Nobody's said anything until I started taking picks in that location.

1. hiking / mountain biking are not going to work on your upper body strength

2. using a messenger bag on your right shoulder....you just answered your own question. Your right shoulder is the one that your body leans towards significantly.

3. I just looked at your last picture, and it is actually a hill that goes down and to your left. Which would make your right shoulder appear to be higher than your left shoulder. That is NOT the case...your left shoulder appears higher...so the location actually LESSENS the effect.

I'm dead serious...unless you are a ridiculous sloucher (which isn't good in itself), I can almost guarantee that you have some skeletal misalignment going on. And "looking at yourself in the mirror" is not the proper procedure to identify the problem. Please go see a doctor.

9. xchen

xchen Senior member

I do slouch a lot and I've already gotten a PM from someone else in regards to this so I'm just going to go ahead and make an appointment to have this looked at. Thanks, everybody.

10. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

This is like that time the doctor saw the beginnings of some terrible disease in the details of one of Chuck Close's portraits, then was able to tell the subject in time to save him. Beautiful.

11. Studio27

Studio27 Senior member

Baron, you have beautiful boots. Are there more informative pictures of them anywhere around here?
    There's some closeups in the recent purchase thread I believe, although I'm unsure which page. Perhaps do a user search in the thread.
    agreed. He is extremely unbalanced. I think he needs physical exercise, with a focus on chest and shoulders. I cringe every time I see a pic of him.
    Back is every bit as important, if not moreso, to improving/maintaining posture.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I just went and checked out Warrior's jackets - why are they so cheap on their site? Pricing error?

no they've been sold at that price for years. It's a good no-frills harrington, and they offer a pretty good range of colors for the past year. It's actually the price I would expect a "tribe" harrington to be (most skins arent gonna drop $250 for a Baracuta), as it lacks some of the finer details but overall is well worth the cheap price.

13. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

I'd be interested to hear your opinion about the brand if you have one? or are too distracted with "Make Me a Super Model" to care?

I think their shit is ugly, I was only taking a swipe because I just-plain-don't-like-you. Make Me a Supermodel ended 2 weeks ago, duh.

14. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

I do pretty much everything alone. All of my good friends moved far away years ago, and I don't really feel like making new ones. I'd rather hang out with my dog, she doesn't disappoint or annoy me. As far as hunting for great burgers in NYC- that's something I've enjoyed for the past couple of years. You absolutely HAVE to try Ryan's pub in the e.v.- they have a burger that is my favorite, and the fries are great too. The amazing thing is that its only $5! I recently tried Peter Luger's burger, which I think is overrated, but definitely worth trying- most people love it. Now I have to go to the Burger Joint.
    It......just.......all........makes.............sense..........

15. EAV

EAV Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.