• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jmh396,

Sorry, but that is a textbook example of trying too hard. The overall look is contrived and awkward.

Try again.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^It's really the hat and jewelry that give it that vibe.

I like the jean fit, and I don't mind the jacket at all. The shoes are standard. The hat must go immediately, as must at least some of the jewelry. The deeeeep V(U?) neck is really screwing up the proportions of the whole top half of that, probably in its combination with the jacket. A crew neck tee might improve that aspect. Still lurking without a clear role is the pocket square. It might work better / at all depending on what you change the v-neck to (ie what colour / style).

That may have been a more meticulous breakdown of that fit than you were looking for. As some sort of explanation for that, I submit that this is my break from studying Constitutional Law.

Rkteez

Reaction score
I think it would work out kind of if your jeans wern't so skinny on you the fact that the blazer makes you look big on top.

jmh396

Reaction score
johnny - i sometimes think that of my outfits, thus posting the pictures for feedback. i'm all about constructive criticism.

jd - i normally don't wear a lot jewelry (just the yurman piece) but i came across the dogtag yesterday and thought it would be fun with the outfit. guess not. i like the hat though
frown.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
That fit is fine except for the shoulders of the blazer. Some people like jewellery and those who don't always comment on how it tinkers with the quality of the outfit but I don't think that's the case here. He's obviously going for something hip and indi-ish and it is mostly working.

Some changes that would make it even better:

- Wear black boots instead, either tuck your jeans in gnarly shitkicker ones or get some sort of racy chelseas or zip boots. This calls for a dior cuban heels if you're feeling really fashionny.

-I'm not a big fan of deep v-neck, tone down the hipsterness by wearing a regular one or embrace it with one or even two wifebeaters.

-IMHO hats are often too much but some people do them well so I can't really say. I just wouldn't wear one myself.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think what bothers me most about the outfit is the Farrah Fawcett hair. Other than that, not bad.

Also, Fuuma, your last outfit rocks.

Rkteez

Reaction score
Didn't really look at the dog tag, but that is pretty wicked.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmh396
hat - nice collective
v-neck - james perse
jacket - j. lindeberg
pocket square - z zegna
jeans - j. lindeberg
shoes - converse
coss necklace - david yurman
dogtag - ??

yea, overall I'm not feeling this. It's got too much of an "rarely working blues musician" vibe to it.

The jewelry doesnt bother me even tho I hate male jewelry. But the deep vneck and the seemingly oversized jacket that is meant to be slim fiting on someone bigger are the true culprits

pinoy

Reaction score
jhm396- Good first effort, but a little too contrived. I'd get rid of the hat, the deep u-neck tee, and the pocket square. I'd also lessen the jewelry. In addition, from what i can see, it also looks like your blazer might be a touch too big on you, but that could also just be the photo.

As for me, its been getting hotter and hotter here in LA... hit 91 degrees today..!!

DRKSHDW tee (heh, not sure if i'm tall enough to wear this.. had to play around with it throughout the day to stay stacked at the bottom.. click for alt pic where the tee is at normal length. thinking about having the waist area taken in so it can stack better. comments anyone?)

Agnes B belt

Dior jeans

CDiem boots

Jas MB bag

jizzy p

Reaction score
I don't think the outfit is too bad. However, the fit on the blazer could be better, especially in the chest and shoulders. However, the picture is blurry so we'd need better pics to tell. Also the hat throws it off, and tighter jeans would make the casual chucks look better.

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
yea, overall I'm not feeling this. It's got too much of an "rarely working blues musician" vibe to it.
I was thinking a bit of a up-and-coming indie bands front man.

I've gone to enough of their shows and the hats, vests (because most venues are too hot for jackets), v-uneck tees, and tapered tight denim are all staples of the look.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really? i was thinking more like pete doherty:

pete-doherty-gal-ema07.jpg

Originally Posted by lost in va
I was thinking a bit of a up-and-coming indie bands front man.

I've gone to enough of their shows and the hats, vests (because most venues are too hot for jackets), v-uneck tees, and tapered tight denim are all staples of the look.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
The guy looks way too polished to look like Pete Doherty. Though it is nice to see that Babyshambles show cuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads