(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshack

dshack Senior member

You are wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

The shirt is a shirt.woot.com on AA. The jeans are APC New Standards, and the sneakers are Vans.

But yup, you nailed it pretty well.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I think tshirt, jeans and shoes can look pretty decent if the fit is really spot on and the individual pieces are nice. Unfortunately, i wasn't really feeling that outfit. I don't know what your fascination with tucking your casual button downs into your jeans is, brutus but i'm not a huge fan. Otherwise the fits are solid enough. Guy burgess- Another nice use of the TaT sweater. You work it really well. Last night at a party i wore white BoO shirt, apc new cures, grey opening ceremony suede laceups and my black momastore watch. There is probably pics from the party that'll surface so i can post em'. Hopefully i'll look sober enough.

3. Not Carl

Not Carl Senior member

J. Crew Blazer Helmut Lang Sweater Helmut Lang Shirt 45 RPM's NDC zip boots [​IMG]

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Dig it.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

As do I overall, though the jean fit could stand some improvement (read: slight slimming) from the knee down, at least in that picture.

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's just, I see posts like that at a lot of boards I go to, and I don't understand what we're expected to think or say. Yes it looks fine ... but that's it, fine, inoffensive, generic. You'd have to do something really interesting with accessories to make a t-shirt + jeans comment-worthy, I'd imagine.

You could do what most of us do. Just don't say anything if you don't have anything to say. If something isn't "comment-worthy," you could just, like, not comment.

7. robin

robin Senior member

Carl, what are you doing with your camera that's giving you such nice portrait shots?

me = camera noob

8. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

He's just using a wide aperture. It gives a nice background blur and makes the subject pop. In that pic, I'm guessing f/2.8 or so?

9. migo

migo Senior member

Styleforum uniform?
    H&M t
    Cheap Monday Raw Selvage
    All Star

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the dirty mirror =\\

10. Not Carl

Not Carl Senior member

Carl, what are you doing with your camera that's giving you such nice portrait shots?

me = camera noob

Totally Epic is right, except it's at 1.8 with a 85mm

It doesnt hurt that i go to school for photojournalism and all of my friends are photo nerds too...

11. Dandy Highwayman

Dandy Highwayman Well-Known Member

This is a slightly old photo but I'm wearing this exact same outfit right now. Sorry for the weird angle, my legs look tiny. [​IMG]

12. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

Totally Epic is right, except it's at 1.8 with a 85mm

It doesnt hurt that i go to school for photojournalism and all of my friends are photo nerds too...

That's a pretty nice portrait lens. Not as nice as the Mamiya 120mm f/4 macro that I'm picking up, but still pretty good :p

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

As do I overall, though the jean fit could stand some improvement (read: slight slimming) from the knee down, at least in that picture.
    I actually like that he's not wearing the SF uniform. There's a lot of training and washing on here to make people believe that everything must be tapered and slim always. Not going slim really helped to keep his silhouette balanced and masculine. Let's face it: we hate it when our friends become successful.

14. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

I don't know what your fascination with tucking your casual button downs into your jeans is, brutus but i'm not a huge fan. Otherwise the fits are solid enough.

New belt. In the last pic, the Penguin shirt is really long so I decided it would be my only shirt designated for tucking. Tuck-frequency will be decreasing rapidly.

Not Carl, for some reason I really like this fit. I never thought I would want a plaid blazer but now maybe I do.[​IMG]

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I actually like that he's not wearing the SF uniform. There's a lot of training and washing on here to make people believe that everything must be tapered and slim always. Not going slim really helped to keep his silhouette balanced and masculine.
    Right, I wasn't trying to imply he should be wearing TFs or something, just that the jean width below the knee looks to be consistently greater than at the knee, which I don't get. But then, bootcut is in general my nemesis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.