(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Ha, I think I know that guy in the poster. He's the owner of IC Berlin. Who, hast Du die Karte gekriegt?

They were doing a "modeling" shoot right in front of Pat's Steaks in Philly as we were having lunch. The fact that a couple of Berliners were out while Sauce and I were having lunch was clearly a request from the styleforum gods to take a waywn photo.

Nein, und ich prüfen zweimal in der Woche.

2. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

iTunes Playing: A Chronicle Of Early Failures Pt. One by The Dead Texan from the record The Dead Texan [​IMG] Rxmance x Acne x Carpe Diem
    This thread moves so fast. I really like the shirt. And +1 for the Mandorla (body halo). Saucemaster = Best dressed (In the suit).

3. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

Without scarf, because it was warmer than I thought (click for shoes and socks):

[​IMG]

Thick as Thieves midnight navy suit
    H&M shirt, IIRC
    Shoes are some old burgundy wingtips and I honestly don't remember what brand--eBay, as usual. Probably Allen Edmonds.
    Scarf was from UO, I think

This is one of the best shots for a TaT suit I've seen. I disagree about it missing the skinny tie though. I think this looks more modern, especially since the pants seem more modern than mod if you will. How did you have those cut? They almost look like bootcut. How wide is the opening? Really like the burgundy shoe with the blue as well.

4. Singular

Singular Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

With the official release of the "Dipsy" today, selecting the right watch wasn't very hard...

/M

5. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

[​IMG]

I don't really think these pants are working.

Sweet.

6. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

[​IMG]

Eeeee.....mmmmmmm....... Yep...sorry.....but..........with the stripe tee tucked in to high waisted jeans and your head missing from the shot this could be a picture of a giant 3 year old...........something's off and I think the stripe tee (in rib, ouch!) + tuck + big belt buckle is to blame.

7. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Get Smart, where did you get the FP monkey jacket? I've been looking and can't seem to find one

8. whacked

whacked Senior member

I LOVE this.
    +1. Perfect summer look.

To me it does look a bit feminine. The fit itself isn't bad, but it could be tweaked a bit.
    That was my initial thought too, but the more I look at the picture, this notion gradually dissappears.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

selbsttatig- Looks fantastic. I agree with epic that there is a slight feminine quality to it, but if you're comfortable with the look i'd just wear it. You could potentially cuff them an inch or two lower, but i'm sure you played around with it. I might have to swagga jack that look after the awful hot/humid day today in florida. sauce- That's now tied with brian's original grey suit for my favorite TaT fit. I thought i was set on getting a light grey one sometime this summer but that midnightblue is really great looking. The pic with who is a fun one. If you ever see that h&m sweater in a size small, grab it and i'll pay you. maharlika- Sorry man. Just isn't working. I don't think the shirt fit/color/patter/ribbing is working for you. Makes you look a lot flabbier in the chest than you normally do. drizzt- That uniqlo shirt is probably one of the best fitting shirts i've seen you wear. Much better than some of your BoO ones that just don't work for me.

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Get Smart, where did you get the FP monkey jacket? I've been looking and can't seem to find one

Yea they're pretty hard to find, esp the one like mine which is a heavy brushed cotton rather than the tracksuit material they're more commonly found in. I got mine at the local FP shop in LA. If you're a size 36 or 38 I think they had one left in each, I can PM you their phone # if yer interested in calling them for mail order.

11. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

Mr. Freedom x Sugar Cane
    Vintage T-Shirt
    YSL Belt
    Maison Martin Margiela Boots
    John Galliano Chain
    Wearing the pants daily for a week.

[​IMG]

back

[​IMG]

OHHHH no. Gosh no. Here I am thinking we got some 12 year-old nerd and it's you? Sorry, this one doesn't do it for me

Sweet.

+1, awesome fit, keeping it classy

12. selbsttatig

selbsttatig Senior member

Thanks everyone. I'm surprised you guys liked it this much.

After reading the numerous comments I cuffed the pants a bit lower and it looks better I think. If I mess around with this a bit more I might end up wearing something like this quite a lot.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I was going to post that you shouldn't cuff as high actually.

14. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

This is one of the best shots for a TaT suit I've seen. I disagree about it missing the skinny tie though. I think this looks more modern, especially since the pants seem more modern than mod if you will. How did you have those cut? They almost look like bootcut. How wide is the opening? Really like the burgundy shoe with the blue as well.
    Thanks. The trousers are most definitely not bootcut. The opening isn't particularly large, though they are a little larger than the normal "house" TaT pants by maybe a half an inch in diameter (total). The standard-size TaT slacks in my waist size actually show leg muscle definition when I'm walking--too tight!--so I had a little extra room added to the thigh, then to the rest of the leg to balance out the proportions. They're still quite slim, however.

15. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.