• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_may
He has an extremely geometrical face shape, straighter lines than most. Boxy glasses emphasize that. Whether or not that's a good thing is in the eye of the beholder.
Yes, I think that captures it perfectly. The glasses make his face look too severe, in my opinion, but obviously many disagree.

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Yes the belt is Tanner, and it has the key hook. Sometimes it comes undone and anyways, it came off today in one of the worst possible places. I was climbing a nearby mountain with a friend and we were hiking through the woods, and not really on trails or anything. I got down to the car at 1 hour before sunset to realize my keys were lost on the mountain. It's about 36.50 sq miles of mountain (calculated in my head while looking for the keys). We had only one hour to run back through downtown Stone Mountain, GA and back up the mountain to where the keys may have fallen. I finally gave up and we were about to come back down when I FOUND MY KEYS. We made it back to the car right after sunset and it was starting to get cold. The leather key hook from Tanner got wet and I don't think it will ever look right again but I may eventually oil the belt, keyhook, and wallet together.

Since the hook isn't effective I may end up splurging on the one from the Flat Head.

I dunno about you but I found my Tanner key thing to be impractical in general. It's too long and your keys just bounce around making a racket. Also, the snap broke pretty early on (they fixed it free of charge). I was entertaining the thought of spending a bunch of money on a designer key thing and then I though wait, it's a key thing, and went to my local hardware store and got one for $2.99 and haven't looked back.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dougie, I had them cut mine shorter than they usually do. It's less than 1/2 the size of the usual one and they included it free as the SUFU special. Overall, I wish I went with Corter but I didnt know about him yet then. I am going to get some Corter stuff later on in the year.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lulz had no idea i'd be waking up to this...err i don't really have anything to say about the subject that hasn't been covered already. so yeahhh....

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gap.jpg
t-shirt - Yohji Yamamoto pants - Gap sneakers - Margiela

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
The shoes match too well with the pants, everything else is on point as always.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
the only thing i dont get is posting the same picture in thirty what are you wearings

What are you talking about? Just to clarify...

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gah i knew that would be a problem in the picture. Not to take the drizzt stance, but IRL the pants are a darker shade of khaki...there's more contrast to the bottom half if you were to actually see it.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easter

Jacket: Maison Martin Margiela
Pants: Maison Martin Margiela
Suede Monk Boots: Maison Martin Margiela
Shirt: Valentino

dougie

Reaction score
Dougie, I had them cut mine shorter than they usually do. It's less than 1/2 the size of the usual one and they included it free as the SUFU special. Overall, I wish I went with Corter but I didnt know about him yet then. I am going to get some Corter stuff later on in the year.

Oh I totally would have done that had I thought of it. You're still not excited about it, though, even with the modification?

I got a Corter snap wallet earlier this year and I love it--the leather's great, the construction is top-notch, and it's right in my wheelhouse aesthetically. Thing is, it's punching a hole in my pants at an alarming rate. The pants, on average, cost more than the wallet, so I'm punting on the latter and am back to using my J Fold wallets day to day. Your results may vary.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Easter

Jacket: Maison Martin Margiela
Pants: Maison Martin Margiela
Suede Monk Boots: Maison Martin Margiela
Shirt: Valentino

What? No picture?
frown.gif

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
gah i knew that would be a problem in the picture. Not to take the drizzt stance, but IRL the pants are a darker shade of khaki...there's more contrast to the bottom half if you were to actually see it.

to take a drizzt stance you'd need to put on about 500lbs in your arms

2hdmigx.gif

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes are LL Bean handsewn blucher mocs. They start out really stiff but break in to be extremely soft and comfy.

xchen - I've been scoping those for a while... How does the sizing run (compared to chucks or ae, etc)? Did you get them from their website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads