1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whacked

whacked Senior member

I think he means that not all of us have the $$$ SoCal does for clothes.

Well, Badseeds's NN stuff don't come cheap either...

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

I think he means that not all of us have the $$$ SoCal does for clothes.

Did I say wear the same brands or dress in a similar style (i.e. what so many people consider "grown up")?

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Drizzt, i guess it's just a difference of opinion. I just don't like the way those jeans look from the mid shin down. I guess some people like the bigger bootcut, but i guess i'm just not a big fan of it. I don't think some slight stacking would be bad for him as he's pretty slim. Slight stacking would also make his shoes look smaller as well without having weird bunching. It's funny how a good fitting pair of jeans can change everything. Razuel looks 10-15 lbs slimmer with the new fit.
    Bootcut OLAs don't have a big bootcut to begin with. It's probably 0.5" at the most. Hemming will reduce that by a lot. If you don't believe me, the camera doesn't lie... Zara Nudie Paul Smith [​IMG]

4. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

Hah, i dont think socal meant that. Maybe he just thought I was saying he's kinda "grown up" while he just turned 24... Well, the fact is im still a student.... I was wearing lanvin shirts w/ skinny ties almost everyday during my internship, but thats all for me. ...

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Oh, maybe it was just the way he was leaning or something because the bootcut looked a lot more pronounced. It wasn't the bootcut also as much as it was the size of the opening compred to the slimness of the thighs and stuff that threw me off. I've never altered bootcut jeans so i'm sure hemming them an inch would help. I don't think he should hem them too much though as (just like the discussion went in the stacking thread) he has the body type to where a small amount of stacking would look good on him. I should've known you had those jeans as you own every jean produced [​IMG]

6. razuel

razuel Senior member

I don't know, I like them the way they look. I don't want a smaller opening for sure; as Drizzt said my feet are huge and look awkward very easily.

7. whodini

whodini Senior member

LD, probably sacrilegious to say it here with those specific jeans, but I'd have them hemmed with an inch or two extra in the inseam so you could stack or have a much smaller cuff. Otherwise, they fit you rather well. I like your fit as it looks like a Saturday afternoon with the stealthbeast jeans to give you internet respect. Well done.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I don't know, I like them the way they look. I don't want a smaller opening for sure; as Drizzt said my feet are huge and look awkward very easily.

Razuel,

One way to assess how they will look is to roll the jeans up an inch inside the jean (the opposite of a cuff) and see what you think. I don't think hemming them an inch or so will make the fit look worse, and it will probably clean it up a bit, however, it looks good the way it is, as well.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Hah, i dont think socal meant that. Maybe he just thought I was saying he's kinda "grown up" while he just turned 24... Well, the fact is im still a student.... I was wearing lanvin shirts w/ skinny ties almost everyday during my internship, but thats all for me. ...

+1, can people please stop projecting their "well dressed youngster = ungrateful asshole" stereotypes on socal2nyc, I doubt he's trying to tell people to be richer or else he'll denigrate them, just that dressing in traditional menswear isn't only for middle-age people.

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Thanks Fumma,
    I got lashed at on the GQ/men.style forum for telling soemone that if they have to piss and moan about an 8% increase in Louis Vuitton prices they probably shouldn't be buying it.

Of course they went off about how I'm a snob and should get over it because I didn't earn my money and blah blah blah.

I was like DUDE I didn't say a single thing about myself being able to afford it and you can't, I was saying that when it comes to LUXURY goods if you have to worry about a price increase equal to sales tax you probably need to reevaluate your finances and spending...it's not like we're talking about gas, heating or groceries.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Thanks Fumma,
    I got lashed at on the GQ/men.style forum for telling soemone that if they have to piss and moan about an 8% increase in Louis Vuitton prices they probably shouldn't be buying it.

I was like DUDE I didn't say a single thing about myself being able to afford it and you can't, I was saying that when it comes to LUXURY goods if you have to worry about a price increase equal to sales tax you probably need to reevaluate your finances and spending...it's not like we're talking about gas, heating or groceries.

I agree. When it comes to luxury clothes/shoes esp.....let's get real, complaining about the price of a $600 shoe going up to $650 is pretty pathetic, as if those shoes were essential to your daily survival.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yes, this is me wearing a tucked-in shirt and a belt, shocking I know, but I'm playing around with modern trad looks again. Thoughts? Borrelli Bengal Stripe shirt J Crew Navy 3B Blazer 5EP LDB Rigid Random Italian Belt AE Fairgates [​IMG]

13. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

[​IMG]

ANN D, CAREL VAN LAERE, CDIEM.

14. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton shirt
    Malo jeans
    TB belt
    Armani socks
    DE bluchers

15. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Yes, this is me wearing a tucked-in shirt and a belt, shocking I know, but I'm playing around with modern trad looks again. Thoughts?

Borrelli Bengal Stripe shirt
    J Crew Navy 3B Blazer
    5EP LDB Rigid
    Random Italian Belt
    AE Fairgates

[​IMG]

See, this is what I've been wishing that you would do. Its shows more of your legs and doesn't make your upper body look massive. Just that bit of waist showing and cutting the line makes a huge difference IMHO. I think this is a great look for you. Tuck away!

16. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

See, this is what I've been wishing that you would do. Its shows more of your legs and doesn't make your upper body look massive. Just that bit of waist showing and cutting the line makes a huge difference IMHO. I think this is a great look for you. Tuck away!

Heh, I might try to pull off this look once in awhile, but I'll prolly still mostly roll untucked because I just feel this look is just a pair of grey trousers away from business casual... Maybe I'll have to do something with more unusual details to avoid that if I'm going to try to wear it more.

17. SWB

SWB Senior member

I agree 100%, the proportions here are excellent (comparatively or not). More Daniel Craig than Hogan Knows Best, a very flattering look for you I think.

18. SWB

SWB Senior member

Also, I have to say that Braidkid consistently inspires me with the quality of his fits. Maybe this is just the lament of someone with an awkwardly disproportionate frame, but him and Sauce are undoubtedly the most impressively consistent purveyors of the mythical "perfect fit".

19. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

20. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

drizzt, I agree with berlin_report.

As I told you before I have the same problem with my chest to hips proportion. and It is true, tucking in and wearing higher rise trousers helps you a lot.

A more fitted jacket with waist suppresion and higher gorge also will do wonders.

Heh, I might try to pull off this look once in awhile, but I'll prolly still mostly roll untucked because I just feel this look is just a pair of grey trousers away from business casual... Maybe I'll have to do something with more unusual details to avoid that if I'm going to try to wear it more.

lighten it up with a more colorful ( not plain ) shirt open collared and some neckwear ( not a tie )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.