• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Biggins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
While the outfit itself rules, what really makes it class is that your jag-stang has been modded to have a proper non-angled humbucker.

Thanks. To keep myself from fiddling with tone options while playing, I removed all of the electronics and left one humbucker and a volume pot -- it's a complete monster.

wwka.png

(Just a picture I happen to have uploaded -- ignore the blood... )

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Smooth, I'm rooting for you because it's cool to see something different here, but that last one is hilariously awful.

Agreed, smooth has cajones.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
Today I tucked my shirt in for the first time in_____.
I got a new Peguin shirt yesterday via mail and it was a little too long. Braidadult suggested I tuck it. Does it work or should I find a tailor?

SoG jacket (new...much better quality than the grey one you've seen me in)
Penguin
SC Okinawa
Alden wingtips
SC2-29-08Sml.jpg

Ha, did you move into my friend's old apt/condo in Ballard... 24th-ish just up from Market? Anyway the balcony/surrounding looks very familiar.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Take the hat off and he's wearing a fine fitting shirt and jeans. If he'd said "BOO, KMW washed and Common Projects" we'd drool.
How can you assess fit on pictures that small? I really can't tell.

I really don't understand the flat billed new era with sticker thing.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
29ypqf9.jpg

Looks good but I have a few comments... I don't think the jacket and sweater go particularly well together. The colors are too similar. Also, I don't think I'd wear that jacket with jeans. The lapel width, broadish shoulders, and fabric pattern would go better with some trousers.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture003.jpg
shirt - Yohji Yamamoto jeans - Dior sneakers - Converse

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
On the other hand. I enjoy the outfit. I like the relaxed nature of it. The faux suspenders only add to that. Slimmer jeans would ruin the look for me. I've been enjoying your comeback to waywt.

+1

With a fairly loose shirt like that the last thing you'd wanna do is put some really slim jeans with it. The stripes aren't my thing but I think everything here looks pretty good.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks chronoaug/xchen...and yess, the shirt has a trompe l'oeil suspender effect to it, you can't see the back but it's a big "Y" connected to the fabric on the front.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
We get it. You don't like expensive clothes. The outfits didn't look good. It happens.

No, this isn't what I'm saying. I like (and own) expensive clothes -- though they are different than the brands you like (I'm more of an APC/Dries/Seize sur Vingt while you're more of a Cloak/Carpe Diem).

What I am saying is that if those were forum-approved clothes, posters would react differently. I mean, the fit on the shirt wasn't bad.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
No one cares though. Most of the posters are able to appreciate a nice outfit regardless of brands. The argument has been brought up 1000x such as posting a boring looking banana republic jacket and someone saying that everyone would love it if it was EG. The jeans didn't fit very good on smooth's fit, i can't see the shoes except that they're white, and i can't tell how the shirt fits or looks except that it's blue. I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt, but i could always be convinced by better pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads