1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Senior member

Drizzt: These were supposed to have a narrow leg opening (slight taper), but they were a little bigger than DB's measurements. The tag recommends buying a size up due to washing shrinkage of 2% after 2-3 washes, but I'm not sure they're talking about regular raw jeans shrinkage or something else- since these are raw and bleed, but have some pre treated details.

Glory Daze: Yup, I got them in the mail literally yesterday

2. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

Maybe you could folsom cuff them a la GetSmart?

Also since we now know your secret identity from the first pic, why bother with whiteout in the second?

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Drizzt: These were supposed to have a narrow leg opening (slight taper), but they were a little bigger than DB's measurements. The tag recommends buying a size up due to washing shrinkage of 2% after 2-3 washes, but I'm not sure they're talking about regular raw jeans shrinkage or something else- since these are raw and bleed, but have some pre treated details.

Glory Daze: Yup, I got them in the mail literally yesterday

2% isn't going to do much... honestly I still think TFs would be the best jean for what you're trying to accomplish... that or 19cms.

4. Rubber

Rubber Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So, this is my second time posting here [​IMG] I've been trying to learn, hope I learned.
    Just something pretty casual to walk around the town with.
    What do you think? I think I should hem the jeans, but I kind of like the stacking, but when I'm not wearing shoes it's a bit too long.

What do ya think? What should I do besides a haircut?

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

I really like that, except for the shoes. Look a little bit clunky w/ the black stripe.

6. robbie

robbie Senior member

here goes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    seminole,OK thrift
    Levis 631 slims
    wal-mart plimsols (those are plimsols... right?)

7. Rubber

Rubber Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Yeah, I noticed the perspective made them look really weird, I think in real life they are pretty slim. Maybe that photo is a better one? The jacket btw is from yesstyles.com http://www.yesstyle.com/en/Product.a...5&section=men& The shoes are a bit dirty from all the indigo stains (they rub off pretty well with soap water though) and from walking around.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Feeling 70s today, haha :

[​IMG]

Grey Jacket : Lad musician
    Paisley shirt : Liberty Rose
    Navy cords: APC
    Tan Belt and shoes : Sutor Mantellassi
    Glasses: Alain Mikli
    Jewellery: Margiela, surface2air

9. robbie

robbie Senior member

me; not really, my gf however does, hence the dishes in her apt.

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Fuuma, is that a moustache? [​IMG] Other than that, it looks really good. I am not sure how, but it does.

11. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Fuuma, is that a moustache? [​IMG]

Other than that, it looks really good. I am not sure how, but it does.

That'd be awesome but no, I just have my usual "haven't shaved for a few days" look, except I'm not really hairy so this is like 2-3days. I briefly entertained the idea of wearing the shirt's big collar over the lapels but came back to my sense and realized that the difference between inspiration and caricature was not something I could ignore.

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

robbie
    i really like the combination of the jeans and shoes. As Sauce, i really like the mid blue denim in a spring /summer vibe.
    The tee is a bit "juvenile" or perhaps 70s retro, but i guess it goes with the rest. Some kind of casual button up would probably make it better imo.

14. robbie

robbie Senior member

Gotta work on that gut, though. [​IMG]

Its sort of my stance, but yeah I sort of 'muffin top' just a bit. I can't really gain or lose fat, i've had the same figure(?) since grade 9 despite various changes in activity and diet.

bobo: I've had a hard time trying to pair anything patterned with the jeans. The shirt IS juvenile, it sort of functions into an 'eric foreman' look imo.

15. robbie

robbie Senior member

16. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Its sort of my stance, but yeah I sort of 'muffin top' just a bit. I can't really gain or lose fat, i've had the same figure(?) since grade 9 despite various changes in activity and diet.

Just couldn't resist the urge to needle a little, no worries. [​IMG]

Might have to make a Walmart trip to snag some cheap plimsolls myself.

17. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

[​IMG] My bad. I will also change ethnicity by the end of the summer. Then by October I'm caucasian again, and then by December I'm albino.

Let's try the transitive property. If GoSurface is a motherfucker, and he tans like one, and I also tan quite easily, then am I a motherfucker? Is that even right? I haven't had 8th grade math for a long time.

Wow, we can metamorphose into different ethnicities in the course of one year. We're like the X-men![​IMG]

(Except not as cool).

18. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Here's some photo clutter to go with all the word clutter as of late:

Nice pockets, although the buttons area little distracting. Maybe switch out for some clear ones?

They blend in much nicer in person. Plus, they're mother-of-pearl. I'm not changing them with plastic ones. [​IMG]

19. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Speaking of berlin, do you have a close-up shot of that ring you're wearing in your last WAYWT?

20. homi

homi Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.