• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Reaction score
I'm a little behind so here's to catching up:
Seattle weekend:
DSCI0005Sml.jpg

Seattle weekday:
DSCI0008Sml.jpg

Tuesday night I was so tired I barely got the shot off. Didn't have enough energy left for the twin.
Steven Alan w/ caribbean island undershirt
SC
Alden
SC2-26-08Sml.jpg

Wednesday
SoG that 50% of you love/hate
Trovata button down
APC NS
Alden
APC2-27-08Sml.jpg

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Um...no. Sorry. Not sour, just thought you might appreciate honest criticism. Or can you only dish it out but not take any yourself? Sorry, but any man who wears jeans that tight over the age of 30 just deserves to be ridiculed.
I can handle criticism fine, sarcasm, even outright abuse. It's not a problem. I can only interpret the last statement as sarcasm or just a very antiquated and sad outlook towards fashion and style. It's fine if you want sit on the other side of the fence with the sheep, in the meantime the rest of us will enjoy clothes, unique fits and silhouettes (skinny and relaxed), take some risks, change it up and do what ever it takes to separate ourselves from the mainstream and have fun until I'm 200 pounds and "really" old.

Brutus

Reaction score
Today I tucked my shirt in for the first time in_____.
I got a new Peguin shirt yesterday via mail and it was a little too long. Braidadult suggested I tuck it. Does it work or should I find a tailor?

SoG jacket (new...much better quality than the grey one you've seen me in)
Penguin
SC Okinawa
Alden wingtips
SC2-29-08Sml.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I like the jacket. The shirt works just fine tucked in, but probably works best under a jacket if you're going to wear it that way. IMO very few people look good with a shirt tucked into jeans and no jacket (Get Smart manages it, but honestly I'm having a hard time thinking of the last time I saw it work that wasn't on a) Get Smart or b) a runway shot or c) an advertisement).

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brutus, the fashion forward side of me says it would look better tucked with lower rise jeans. The jacket looks good.

friday001-3.jpg

BR (tailored)
skull 5010
white's

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Stazy..great fit man!!!! love every piece, and they're all worn perfectly with each other. Good hem on the ES jeans, and the Acne shoes are badical +good on the haircut too
Thank you sir. My mom hemmed the jeans for me. I'll let her know she did a good job...
Originally Posted by whodini
Causal Friday: Agnes B Agnes B Zara RL monks
No jacket? The tie/shirt combo is a little
confused.gif
in my opinion.

headtotoe

Reaction score
Braidkid, that looks real sharp. Naturally classy fit. What model Whites are those? Thanks

headtotoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
SC2-29-08Sml.jpg

Whoa! twins? How did you make that pic? I like the beautiful fit and the brown tones are tasty. Long in the sleeve? Wondering what a contrasting of more neutral shirt would do, seems a bit much earth tone. Awesome Jeans. Hey, I'm just practicing my critique
smile.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Work clothes (contrast adjusted on jacket photo to show detail):
W+H jacket (altered to fit slimmer)
APC sweater
generic scarf & tshirt from The Rack
SFx5EP
Tz

That reminds me of... me.

The fit on that sweater is great.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I like the jacket. The shirt works just fine tucked in, but probably works best under a jacket if you're going to wear it that way. IMO very few people look good with a shirt tucked into jeans and no jacket (Get Smart manages it, but honestly I'm having a hard time thinking of the last time I saw it work that wasn't on a) Get Smart or b) a runway shot or c) an advertisement).
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Stazy
No jacket? The tie/shirt combo is a little
confused.gif
in my opinion.

Did I really need to wear my labcoat in the photo to complete the fit? I'll do it next time if you ask nicely. Otherwise, I probably would have worn my black Agnes B cord jacket to complete it but...it's not really what I was wearing.

FWIW, I love this combo and got catcalled by a few interns during rounds today. So it stays.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
frown.gif

You don't count, you're just jacking Get Smart's ****.

Seriously, that was just a mental lapse. Sorry.
cheers.gif

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Apparel Midnight Blue slim slack corduroy
Lacoste Shakespeare Plus shoes
Some odd polo I took from my grandpa
American Apparel Salt n Pepper Hoody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads