(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Interview:
    Jil Sander navy 2btn suit
    Hermes blue/white stripe shirt
    Louis Vuitton red/navy fleur tie
    Gucci dark brown soft sided laceups
    [​IMG]

Got the job.

2. Lel

Lel Senior member

Jpgm i always have liked your outfits. Sry for posting it in this thread too,

Thoughts/critiques on my outfit? (i noticed my shirt was crooked after i took the picture)
    [​IMG]
    Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2007-08-08

[​IMG]
    Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2007-08-08

Jcrew
    banana republic
    levis 511
    nike

thanks for any thoughts. It's hard to find clothes in my size considering my small size, the shirt is an XS and the sweater is a small that i shrunk in the dryer.

I'm 125 LB and 5'9' and the small I got from Levis fits me pretty well and I can't imagine you'd be much smaller than me.

In all honesty that sweater is horrible and I wouldn't reccomend shopping at Banana Republic anymore for clothes (no personal offense to you but from one skinny guy to another it's just not the store for us).

Just curious, what's the measurements of those 511's?

PS: No on the shoes. Actually I do like them, just not with that outfit.

3. FormulaQ

FormulaQ Senior member

I'm 5'5 and weigh around 106. The sweater...yeah now that i look at it looks bad it was kind of an impulse purchase. The levis i got from urbanoutfitters, labeled as 28/30 and thats what i got when i measured them. Although this is after 1 wash and they may have shrunk a bit.

4. Lel

Lel Senior member

I think it's the sweater (and shoes) throwing things off because it makes the 511's look not veyr... 511's.

Hmm in all honesty I would reccomend checking out Boy's clothing for sweaters (Abercrombie Kids, boo hoo hiss yeah I know, Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers).

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

The 511s aren't very slim in the top block. I had them for a little bit and sold them for that reason. My size 32s tapered to about a 7"hem but the thighs weren't all that slim giving it an undesired look (for me at least). You might benefit from a better fitting jean in the top block. Also, since you're short, you should avoid oversized clothes such as the sweater/shirt. You probably could've sized down in all of your clothing items there including jeans. I feel your pain with mall stuff though. I'm regularly sized and i can't wear gap small button downs. And i always though, if a small fits me a bit loose in mall outerwear/button downs, then what the hell would a person who actually is small do. If you have an h&m or urban outfitters near you you should be able to find things small enough for you.

6. Lel

Lel Senior member

Old Navy boys, worth checking out too.

Shorter tops will make you look taller.

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

poly needless to say those jeans are awesome. i used to have the same hair style as ya.

hairstyle? ha. just lazy to get it cut and pony tail time. haircut next week i think

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Paul Smith Mainline White/Navy striped shirt
    5EP LDB Rigid
    Mantellassi Handmade

[​IMG]

I know LD will dislike the vertical striped untucked shirt, but comments from others?

9. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Paul Smith Mainline White/Navy striped shirt 5EP LDB Rigid Mantellassi Handmade I know LD will dislike the vertical striped untucked shirt, but comments from others?
    Love the jeans/shoes combo, but the shirt still strikes me as a dress shirt (hard collar and cuffs, starchy looking material from the picture) you just didn't happen to tuck in despite the fact that it does fit you really well. Maybe you could try rolling up the sleeves or unbuttoning another button at the top if it doesn't show too much chest for your liking. Also, have you ever considered trying shorter collars to elongate your neck? It appears fairly thick and built like the rest of your upper body and a smaller collar might provide some more balance. Just a hunch as I've never seen much of your head.

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

[​IMG] Click for shirt fit pic. AA Agnes B Nudie JP

11. Tengu

Tengu Well-Known Member

Sorry to bother you jpgm, but what is that messenger bag you are wearing with your sailor coat in one of the pictures above? Thanks!

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Paul Smith Mainline White/Navy striped shirt
    5EP LDB Rigid
    Mantellassi Handmade

I know LD will dislike the vertical striped untucked shirt, but comments from others?

I think this would look better tucked, as you experimented with last week. I like the shirt, I think it can worn informally real easily, as most PS mainline shirts can, even if they're intended to be more formal

Who- I like the color of the agnes b shirt. I'd like the cardigan brought in closer to the neck tho, i've always thought it looked awkward to have that much shoulder showing in between the collar and where the sweater starts. Good to have you aboard the Finn train

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Hey drizzt, wanna go take some shots of jager and beat up some nerds?

Seriously though, the fit is among the best of your button downs i've seen even with the potentially amjack thick vertical stripe untucked shirt thing going on.

GS, that's the one thing that always bothered me about the AA cardigan. I have it in black as well, but i wish the opening was a bit higher.

edit: 3 people posting at 11:06. Pretty intense

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I'll play around with it, I don't think the collar/cuffs are hard compared to most of my dress shirting. They're certainly not BoO/SA soft, but I think it can blur the line between formal and informal. I typically will only wear shirts tucked with a jacket, b/c I think they look stupid on me otherwise, and it's too hot for that.

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Who- I like the color of the agnes b shirt. I'd like the cardigan brought in closer to the neck tho, i've always thought it looked awkward to have that much shoulder showing in between the collar and where the sweater starts. Good to have you aboard the Finn train

Amen, that's been my #1 complaint with this cardi. It's cut in such a way that there isn't enough to fabric to bring it closer to the collar. You try fixing it and it goes back to where it began. Not sure what to really do about it other than repeatedly try to stretch it into place until the fabric simply gives.

Happy to be aboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.