1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FortySix&2

FortySix&2 New Member

^^^ not now diesel guy... this shit's just getting interesting
    Is this forum pretty anti-Diesel/designer/distressed denim? I see mostly APC, Levi etc...I sense my style might not work for this forum...o well.

2. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

You're lucky you didn't post on SuperFuture, they'd have sent you death threats.

3. FortySix&2

FortySix&2 New Member

O I am aware of superfuture, but I'm not really into the raw and/or tapered cuts. Also, it's a different idea of fashion on sufu. Thought I'd have better luck here, but maybe not.

O well, to each his own.

4. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Even here people have different opinions, stick around. I like some of Diesel's distressed denim, in fact my girlfriend and I may have to get matching pairs. *shudder*

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Even here people have different opinions, stick around. I like some of Diesel's distressed denim, in fact my girlfriend and I may have to get matching pairs. *shudder*
    Man, that was fast.

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

just to add to the whole gay bandana debate thats been going on... Who, the main problem was that it was tied to tight. Otherwise it would have worked.. this is my version from a party last fall. (excuse blue steel pose aswell as my friend in the pic) I think it worked there, but I feel somewhat contrieved with it anyways. Will see if I can add it more to my look this spring/summer. [​IMG]

7. Musselma

Musselma Well-Known Member

O I am aware of superfuture, but I'm not really into the raw and/or tapered cuts. Also, it's a different idea of fashion on sufu. Thought I'd have better luck here, but maybe not.

O well, to each his own.

Most people here do tend to be against pre-distressed denim, as the distressing tends to look bad due to being misplaced. Having said that, I'm not sure what's not to like about raw denim; just don't get jeans with a taper if that's not your thing.

8. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

O well, to each his own.

Raw or not, I don't think bootcuts work for your body type at all.

A pair of true straight leg jeans would be a marked improvement.

9. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

Raw or not, I don't think bootcuts work for your body type at all.
    Indeed. It gives him a very feminine silhouette.

10. SUPER K

SUPER K Well-Known Member

Son of Juan Valdez

11. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

(excuse ... my friend in the pic)

I think we'll manage.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

I think we'll manage.

huh? superbobo was in that photo?

13. bant

bant Well-Known Member

just to add to the whole gay bandana debate thats been going on... Who, the main problem was that it was tied to tight. Otherwise it would have worked.. this is my version from a party last fall. (excuse blue steel pose aswell as my friend in the pic) I think it worked there, but I feel somewhat contrieved with it anyways. Will see if I can add it more to my look this spring/summer. [​IMG]
    no offense to anyone that rocks a bandana but it is contrived by definition. contrived: "obviously planned or forced" a scarf or bandana tied around ones neck, or dangling out of one's pocket is a frivolous, impractical accessory. especially when paired with an otherwise utilitarian look. men have the following to work with: - tops (shirts, t-shirts, sweaters) - bottoms - outerwear - footwear - hats - practical accessories: sunglasses, watches, belts, bags, even wallet chains.....all of which serves a purpose. a decorative neck scarf or pocket jazz is pure decoration.

14. Get Smart

Do all accessories have to have a purpose? why?

15. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

^bant, on the other hand, it isnt that surprising that some of us would be interested in "pure decoration" since this is a fashion board.. but I get your drift.

16. bant

bant Well-Known Member

because otherwise it is pure decoration - and that appears contrived, forced, etc.

personally, i don't think they have to have a purpose but im just saying i feel they often come off as contrived if they don't. i respect everyone trying new looks, etc. but frivolous accessories appear to clash with a sillouhette inspired by a classic work wear / throw back look. i will say the bandana around the neck is much more appealing than the one hanging of a pocket.

i hate that this comes off as stodgy since i really dont want to feel boxed in for my own style (or express this upon others) - unsure why this rubs me the wrong way.

in any event - sorry to hijack the WAYWN thread with such a tangent.

17. bant

bant Well-Known Member

that is very true bobo. cheers.

18. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

I will say that having a bandanna on you is not contrived, and can certainly have a purpose. Hanging one out of your back pocket may be a little contrived.

Over in MC they all have unused pieces of cloth hanging out of their pockets, and colorful lengths of silk tied around their necks!

19. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

no offense to anyone that rocks a bandana but it is contrived by definition. contrived: "obviously planned or forced" a scarf or bandana tied around ones neck, or dangling out of one's pocket is a frivolous, impractical accessory. especially when paired with an otherwise utilitarian look. men have the following to work with: - tops (shirts, t-shirts, sweaters) - bottoms - outerwear - footwear - hats - practical accessories: sunglasses, watches, belts, bags, even wallet chains.....all of which serves a purpose. a decorative neck scarf or pocket jazz is pure decoration.
    So, you've never worn a tie?

20. Get Smart

I get yer drift too....

a bunch of my friends (rockabilly guys that fix and drive vintage cars) used to carry a shop rag in their backpockets, as an accessory. It's an homage to guys in the 50s that would have to carry a shoprag in case their car needed a quick fix. They'd carry the shoprag out to clubs at nite when it was obvious they werent going to be working on a car anytime soon, purely as decoration, even tho they were greasemonkeys.

i dunno, in Bobo's case I think the neck scarf works with his look. If someone like, say, Drizzt or Braidkid, did the same thing I would say that it looked contrived and forced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.