• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeasantLLC
100_0836.jpg

From a couple pages back I think, but I love the hell out of this. What are the shoes?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I agree with constant struggle here. The jeans look pretty sloppy below the knee and are certainly too long. If they are hemmed to no break with the bootcut they might be better. I also dislike the fit of the jacket.
+1. Hems those size have no business being cuffed. In the second "newer" photo you can see how much the bottom flares out and it looks pretty messy. The jacket isn't very flattering because it's a bit small and to make matters worse the white slots on the side seem to really magnify the problem; had it been all charcoal, you probably could have been able to hide the front bubble better. Also, I tend to think of scarves that size being more for "dressy" wear, with a coat for example, so it looks off with a track jacket and the adidas. Please don't feel discouraged. As you can tell, we all have different opinions and we're all here to help. timpo, a shirt that fitted needs the pants to match. I think if you were wearing a looser EG top, maybe with some boots, it would all fit together. I get the feeling I've seen those cords on you before. Today: Click for bonus "Moonwalk."

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess

American Apparel Hoody
Ben Sherman Shirt
Kr3w Cords- The only pair of Trousers I have that easily fit over my cast!
Keep Ramos Shoe/ Blue Cast

Listening to the album 'Total ******* Genocide' by Loli and the Chones.

How do you like thos Kr3w Cords? Never heard of the brand, but I'm looking for some cords. I just bought some J Crew trousers yesterday and it is the first pair of cords I've owned in years. I'd like a 5 pocket though.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
DCG - I like it but I would like it more if your hoodie didn't' have lettering on it. Cool jacket though!

Agreed. I've been on the lookout for some new hoodies, but long arms make it tough for me.

Realized I forgot to mention what I was wearing:

Diesel jacket
old jansport Hoodie
Nudie RRDG
Bed Stu boots

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDC
I'm not quite sure of the offense with the cap - I've owned a tweed version for 13 years. There was a sudden surge in popularity about two years ago but It's simply too classic an accessory to be completely ruined by a brief episode of mainstream popularity.
I also can't really see the hat too well, as material is important - those felt-like or cotton versions are no good.
But you can scarcely go wrong with Harris tweed:

[ IMG]http://www.johnhelmer.com/products/full/19.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, it's a cheapie corduroy cap. I have mostly cheaper/borderline-novelty hats for the most part, and that's one of the few I'd consider posting here
laugh.gif
But I agree, for a serious look, a true tweed flatcap is the way to go.

Originally Posted by Saucemaster
With the shirt, it's hard to tell without a full-length shot--if your hips are pretty slender, then having the shirt that slim isn't a problem. If they aren't, then it will probably make you look a bit feminine.

I may see if I can get more shots of that shirt, as I will be using it as a template for the rest of my shirts and want to get a good fit right off the bat. I went too tight in the chest on it and it definitely pulls too much when sitting down or bending over, and I wanted to add some slight tapering at the mid-chest to give more of a tailored look, but can't since I cut the chest too tight. That, and I'm not sure just how feminine it would make me look; I do have slender hips, but I'm a bad judge at this kind of thing. Tee shirts are easy - slim and straight!

Originally Posted by Augusto86
That is the greasiest WAYWT pic I've seen in a while. Badass and a half.

I also really like the cord blazer. LOoks like one from H&M. But is it grey? Looks more gold colored, but that may be light/filtering.

Shirt looks a little odd, but that may be patternmatching. Fit is fine, I can't tell it was a home job. You seem pretty handy.

Thanks, the jacket is actually a really charcoal-ash grey color, but I can't get the settings down on my camera and well-lit pictures come off very gold/yellow-washed. I'll try to get a good pic of the fabric in the future. And yes, I would say I'm very handy. Aside from being born a redneck, I have a strong sense of self-reliance and strive to make myself what I think may be called a true 'renaissance man'. I believe to truly get exactly what you want, you must do it yourself. Hopefully, I'll get better at the tailoring
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PeasantLLC
my best advice would be to lose the choker necklace. It completely ruins the otherwise classic look of the outfit.
I do agree with you; I just can't take it off. Not only is it tied in a knot that will have to be cut off, it's my good-luck charm. It's St. Christopher, and while I'm not religious or anything, it is sentimental in the fact that I live for travel and the open-road, and it has seen me through some of my stupider antics while on 2 and 4 wheels when I was younger....
teacha.gif
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be trying to hide it a bit better in the future.

Originally Posted by Black Cherry
From a couple pages back I think, but I love the hell out of this. What are the shoes?

I never mentioned the rest of the outfit, so here it is:

-Black patterned corduroy flatcap, Mossimo I think
-Custom altered sale shirt from JCPenneys
-Jacket by J Ferrer, I believe
-Earnest Sewn Hutch jeans
-Thrifted black Imperial Florsheim Wingtips, I believe

Phew, givin the fingers a break for now! Thanks for the feedback!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ludeykrus, your look has gotten a lot better over the past month or month and a half. The jeans are loads better. If you keep making steps in the right direction and making wise purchases your wardrobe will just get more and more functional.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
This was last Thursday I think:

Barbera olive shearling, Borrelli gold herringbone flannel, Iron Heart 634S, custom made buffalo leather cinch belt, Mantellassi waxed rough-out chukka boots with commando sole.

Barbera rust-brown suede/leather field coat, Barbera checked flannel shirt, Calvin Klein grey v-neck henley, Iron Heart 634S, Mantellassi waxed rough-out chukka boots with commando sole.

Good looks. The second jacket is fantacular.

Every time I see your pictures, I fail to comprehend you being a 38 waist. You must be 8 feet tall.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
+1. Hems those size have no business being cuffed. In the second "newer" photo you can see how much the bottom flares out and it looks pretty messy.

I don't know why nobody is agreeing with me. I mean, I'm right. What more do you people want?

coldfront.jpg

coldback.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I don't know why nobody is agreeing with me. I mean, I'm right. What more do you people want?
Don't worry, you still get a gold star for today.
bigstar[1].gif
The cuffs would be quasi-ok if there wasn't so much stacking to begin with. But as it is, it looks more like an act of laziness in wanting to taking it to be tailored than "style." P.S. Nice glasses. Can you see through time?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent outfit, Ken, and nice bike, too!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I don't know enough about them yet, but looks to me to be a Sportster, 883?

Originally Posted by xchen
Ludeykrus, your look has gotten a lot better over the past month or month and a half. The jeans are loads better. If you keep making steps in the right direction and making wise purchases your wardrobe will just get more and more functional.

Thanks bud
smile.gif
Yeah, I lack this thing called 'cash', so I am trying to pick and choose basic, functional pieces that work both for casual attire and work, all while having a distinct style about them. That, and I have a crapload of clothing that most here would scoff at, but I believe I can recut into well-fitting pieces that will look great on my body, even though they may have trendy logos on them. Slowly but surely wins the race, they say...

Though you haven't posted too much here (or I missed it), you've been coming along as well. You didn't start out bad, but I like the recent pic because it is very good pieces, very simple pieces, and it looks natural (aside from my beef w/ the shirt). The style flows better than the previous pics I've seen, which almost looked like you may have been trying a hair too hard. As I've learned from here so far, style is great, but 'style with ease' is golden.

And I think I remember you saying you were 20 and were getting those jeans around your b-day, so happy belated 21st if that's the case
cheers.gif

(Or I could be on crack......)

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Well, I can see up skirts, so I've been too busy to see through time.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
no way, SoCal (unknowingly) is following my steez...been doing the no-break/highwaters for many moons
alien.gif

Not to ruffle any feathers, as I do respect your style, but are you saying you started this style? As far back as I can remember several different "subcultures" have been doing this for quite a while.

lost in va

Reaction score
Worked late and rushed to a lecture on tychism
The lecture ended and I rushed to catch the last bit of a sage francis set
Finished the concert and ended up at home watching anthony bourdain eat amazing food in a random 3rd world country while I ate chips from a bag dipped into cheese in a can.

All that = at 11pm I'm still in my work clothes.
frown.gif

Forgive the ****** first picture. The lights were way to bright.

IMG_5108.jpg

Awkward crotch/pocket fade from carrying slate (while carrying it, it rubs the "area")

IMG_5109.jpg

Booty

IMG_5112.jpg

Crotch fade + Knee fade (kneeling to wire GFCI boxes and things of the such)

IMG_5114.jpg

old Eddie Bauer hoodie
3 year old Target belt
Sami's, my work project (about 25 or so days worth of heavy wear)
Wal-Mart special velcro shoes (A drunken trip to wal-mart landed me these things and I can't help but wear them to work)

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken

i love when the bikes come out to play...

excellent pics...spill the beans on the goods, son...particularly, the jeans, wallet and boots...if those are the frye gaucho harness boots, i'm definitely buying a pair...i've been waiting for a used pair to come up on ebay, but i might just have to buy them new...

the whole oufit kicks ass...especially the glasses...they remind me of a great movie
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads