1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ completly agreed. The khakis looks great.

2. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

[​IMG]

fred perry ocbd
    ben sherman cardigan
    Unis kakhi
    paul smith socks
    allen edmonds 'dryden'

[​IMG]

3. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

[​IMG]

ludeydrusthe jacket looks perfect. the shirt looks like the shoulders are too wide with such a narrow body. my best advice would be to lose the choker necklace. It completely ruins the otherwise classic look of the outfit.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

ludeydrusthe jacket looks perfect. the shirt looks like the shoulders are too wide with such a narrow body. my best advice would be to lose the choker necklace. It completely ruins the otherwise classic look of the outfit.
    That's how I felt about the hat. Made it look like he's working the door at a pub. Just throws off the whole thing. Get Smart - going the way of SoCal. It's an epidemic people.

5. kallun

kallun Senior member

Piped jacket
    YMC thermal
    Filippa K knitted scarf with hood
    Cloak herringbone selvege jeans
    Dior Homme hightops
    Filippa K driving gloves
    [​IMG]

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Get Smart - going the way of SoCal. It's an epidemic people.

no way, SoCal (unknowingly) is following my steez...been doing the no-break/highwaters for many moons [​IMG]

7. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

I like the Hutches quite a bit in this picture. I don't think the wash is unnatural looking. If anything, I think the Maz Dark 3D is one of the better washes on the market today, if the knees/honeycombs look natural, anyways.

I'd also say that the sleeve length is fine on the jacket. It might be 1/8" or so too short, but a lot of that is also a function of the shirt sleeves being 1/4" or so too long.

The skinny-fit no-break brigade is a little unrelenting around here.

8. zw-gator

zw-gator Senior member

My 2nd WAYWN Not sure if I should keep the scarf or not....might go buy something darker I think [​IMG] Thoughts on what I'm wearing? Edit: uhhh. Not a great picture. I was rushing to take it before it started raining. The cuff on my jeans is really off. And the jacket is all bunched. And I normally don't have my collar standing straight up like that....

9. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

My 2nd WAYWN

Not sure if I should keep the scarf or not....might go buy something darker I think

[​IMG]

Thoughts on what I'm wearing?

Edit: uhhh. Not a great picture. I was rushing to take it before it started raining. The cuff on my jeans is really off. And the jacket is all bunched. And I normally don't have my collar standing straight up like that....

i think it is really bad...
    what I see:
    1.those sneakers are pretty horrid, esp with the way you have them laced/tied
    2.the jacket is probably bunched up because it doesn't fit you well, it looks a little too tight, thus not letting it go as long as it should, and thus bunching up, isnt' draping naturally.
    3.the jeans, look good from the knee up, from the knee down it looks like a total disaster. cuffing and stacking i'm really not a fan of, I would probably get them hemmed if I were you, and possibly tapered just a bit, it seems like even though they are a straight leg, your thighs being so much bigger than your calves, are making them look really really baggy in the lower leg...
    also the lacoste avatar... hah

you have a long way to go [​IMG]

10. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Thoughts on what I'm wearing?

Edit: uhhh. Not a great picture. I was rushing to take it before it started raining. The cuff on my jeans is really off. And the jacket is all bunched. And I normally don't have my collar standing straight up like that....

I think you just did a pretty good job at mentioning the same things I would have. You definitely need to do something to correct the jeans from the knees-down.
    Regardless of the color, scarf + track jacket is just not a combo I like...maybe if it was a bigger/heavier scarf and the collar wasn't up.

psssst - hey Constant Struggle, you don't need to image-quote the post directly above yours. I simple ^ arrow will do[​IMG]

11. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

^^ it looks like you have more of an athletic build, so i think the jeans, while long work for you as does the jacket. I do think you should switch out the scarf. I would maybe get something darker and with a little more substance..ie. longer. This scarf looks a little feminine.

12. zw-gator

zw-gator Senior member

Alright, yea, it really was a weak effort on my part. The scarf is going back tonight..... [​IMG]

13. minimalist

minimalist Senior member

with the dress shirt underneath, he gets away with the shorter sleeves...but, i don't think he could, if he tried to wear that jacket over a t-shirt...

I think the sleeve length is fine because I really don't think anything with short sleeves should be worn under a jacket - to me that's a no go...

14. ken

ken Banned by Request

i think it is really bad... what I see: 1.those sneakers are pretty horrid, esp with the way you have them laced/tied 2.the jacket is probably bunched up because it doesn't fit you well, it looks a little too tight, thus not letting it go as long as it should, and thus bunching up, isnt' draping naturally. 3.the jeans, look good from the knee up, from the knee down it looks like a total disaster. cuffing and stacking i'm really not a fan of, I would probably get them hemmed if I were you, and possibly tapered just a bit, it seems like even though they are a straight leg, your thighs being so much bigger than your calves, are making them look really really baggy in the lower leg...
    Disagree on most parts. I like the jeans/shoes combo because you've got decent-size thighs and the bunching works with the shoe profile, which is larger than normal because of the way they're laced. The only problem I see is that you've got great potential for destroying the bottoms of your jeans if/when they slip under your shoes and you end up walking on them. You could hem them if you want, but I don't think it's necessary. I'm not a big fan of the jacket, but I don't like track jackets in general.

15. asobu

asobu Senior member

I agree with ken on all parts. Like the fit and look of the jeans but not feeling the jacket. I think you're better off than constant struggle argues for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.