• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
I agree about drizzt. It's tough for a guy that is wider on top to pull off such thick stripes; I love the shoes though.

I disagree in regards to Staedler. I was actually going to ask for a close up of the sweater.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: The Horned Goddess by The Sword from the record Age Of Winters

Unknown sweater from American Rag
Acne Max Cash
Carpe Diem

Reaction score
^ PERFECT!

10/10

an emotional rollercoaster. even better than whatever.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
I can only assume that ddml is in jest, because I think it's rather blah, and I really don't like the sweater.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^atleast he isnt doing the "grown up guido/ latin lover"...

OH NO HE DIDNT!

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^atleast he isnt doing the "grown up guido/ latin lover"...

OH NO HE DIDNT!

Nor does he look like he was thrown out of a construction site for being too sloppy looking.

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^well, why dont you like it then??

Paint spots...eh, unless you are actually painting. Undershirt visible under collar looks sloppy.

Sorry, Rye, you can do better.

Reaction score
Humbly report, I was not jesting, though I can understand how one would mistake my levity for superciliousness. The fit is spot on. I like the grades of gray. And I appreciate that the fit would look blah to an untrained eye. Stealthbeasting done well.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. Would you really like it better if the sweater had a smaller neckhole, and just a plain grey? Maybe less slim, less worn jeans and cleaner boots? I think that all would take away what he was trying to do.

I'm all with ddml on this. I love that sweater every time he posts it and i like the worn in look of the acnes. The cdiem boots look nice from here but my computer clarity isn't that great so i'm going a bit on previous images of them i've seen. The look suits his creative lifestyle.

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
Humbly report, I was not jesting, though I can understand how one would mistake my levity for superciliousness. The fit is spot on. I like the grades of gray. And I appreciate that the fit would look blah to an untrained eye. Stealthbeasting done well.

Different strokes, I guess. It's a sort of a tree-falls-in-the-forest situation - if someone wears exclusive clothes and no one can tell, does it matter?

Would you like the fit if you saw it on the street with no brand names?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^since the only real brand name is Carpediem, why not? I like it, and Rye looks completly natural in it aswell.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I thought this whole forum appreciated clothing items that fit nice and are aesthetically pleasing(for different looks that is). Wings & Horns, 5EP and EG don't have brand names and such but people love them. You can find similar looking items to EG from various other low quality companies but people buy EG for the fit, detail and construction that are generally invisible to the untrained eye. Dark slim jeans can be found at the mall, but most forum members will opt for 5EPs for the same reasons as above.

Augusto86

Reaction score
I didn't mean branding, I meant if you weren't aware that they were CD boots, Acne jeans, etc.

In any event, it's clear I have a distinctly different aesthetic sense than y'all, and we can leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads