(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDC

CDC Senior member

cdc, good post. I love the cut-off gloves and the coat together. Wonderful silhouette. I would've preferred it without the self-deprecating preface though.
    Just post the pics and see what happens[​IMG] .

Oh, the self-deprecation was a bit feigned - I guess I just don't like to jump on a board, acting like I've been here forever, you know?

2. CDC

CDC Senior member

I *think* they're the same ones I tried on at Saks (on sale for $80). If so, it's black raw denim, REALLY slim, almost skintight. I tried on a 31, waist fit fine (seems to run true to size there) but the legs were really tight. Looking at CDCs hem opening, I'd say they were the same ones.

Yeah, that's probably them - 'Ted', slim fit, tapered, 5 pocket (as stated on inside tag). First pair of jeans I haven't had to tailor in years. They're over a year old now but I know Kuhlman's in Seattle still has a bunch of them. I think Scott Kuhlman is actually a member of this site. Anyway, Kuhlman's is one of the very few slightly edgy, higher-end stores, in the Seattle area. Blackbird, in Ballard, is my other fav.

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Yeah, that's probably them - 'Ted', slim fit, tapered, 5 pocket (as stated on inside tag). First pair of jeans I haven't had to tailor in years. They're over a year old now but I know Kuhlman's in Seattle still has a bunch of them. I think Scott Kuhlman is actually a member of this site. Anyway, Kuhlman's is one of the very few slightly edgy, higher-end stores, in the Seattle area. Blackbird, in Ballard, is my other fav.

Nice, I'll hopefully there is somewhere in SF that has them. It is funny you posted this outfit because I have been looking for things in thrift stores and stuff to try and achieve the same type of look.

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

I only lived in LA for a year; but, I'm sure Santa Barbara is nice. Monterey Bay I imagine is foggy as ever. [​IMG]

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

fred perry italian knit
    thick as thieves "twill" tweed trouser
    alden cordovan longwing

[​IMG]

6. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

[​IMG]
    Sloppy Git Day:
    Surplus
    RRL
    Rogan Cut 1
    Converse

7. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

quit starin' at my junk! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

quit starin' at my junk! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's not that bad. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Much improved over your first few posts! [​IMG]

I like the scarf but might have chosen another color or pattern considering your hat/shirt colors.

Thanks! The scarf is my only one at this point, but I'm working on more since they can look good and are functional. What color do you think would have been ideal for that outfit? I'm still working out my color coordination a bit....

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

It's not that bad.

[​IMG]

haha, there's no moose knuckle foo' ...just a slight crotch bulge from the daily sock stuffed down there

12. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Thanks! The scarf is my only one at this point, but I'm working on more since they can look good and are functional. What color do you think would have been ideal for that outfit? I'm still working out my color coordination a bit....

I guess you've got a few options with brown shirt/hat and a gray jacket. Maybe something patterned rather than a solid color? Maybe something like this scarf that I found at The Rack for about $30

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

haha, there's no moose knuckle foo' ...just a slight crotch bulge from the daily sock stuffed down there
    I couldn't believe I had to zoom in so much on that sock. How old's the knit, btw? Does FP still offer it at a b&m?

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

How old's the knit, btw? Does FP still offer it at a b&m?

yea, the local B&M always carries the Italian range knitwear...this one is about 2 years old. When you're back in town lemme know if you want to go there and I can give you their info or we can cruise together, holding hands.

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Which jeans are they? they are awesome.

Oh, i guess mine are a bit different. Mine are "Jay" slim straightleg. They're actually slightly tapered though. About 7.5-7.75 at the hem on my size 32s. I could use a size down on mine for a slimmer fit but as of right now they're slim/slouchy. The same black denim though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.