Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDC

CDC Senior member

red wing 1914
    iron heart 634s
    tanner belt
    topman t
    whitesville vintage style sweatshirt

I like the black Red Wings. I've been eyeing RW's for some time now but I've never seen them done right. I generally dig the working class, vintage Americana vibe but then every time I see someone with Red Wings, it's always a careless affair, and it looks more like simply an alternative to their tan Timberlands (which were also cool, pre-hip hop) than a style-conscious recognition or tribute to old-school working class clothing.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

+rep.

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Can't wait, I'm always down for a good laugh - and the denim leggings were a great start [​IMG]

[​IMG] And people, get your (not "you're") grammar on! I've never seen so many misplaced apostrophes, amongst a relatively intelligent set.

We leave it alone because, well, it's jet. You don't point and laugh at the short bus when it drives by, do you?

4. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Let's see if there's been any improvement......

Just walked in from a shindig at Taco Mac, it was a cool night and I refused to put the tops on the car. Dressed for the elements and then for inside:

Eh?

Much improved over your first few posts! [​IMG]

I like the scarf but might have chosen another color or pattern considering your hat/shirt colors.

5. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

We leave it alone because, well, it's jet. You don't point and laugh at the short bus when it drives by, do you?
    You mean you DON'T ?
    I ,for one, find jet's denim leg warmers to be a sexy, MASCULINE addition to his current Thurston Howell lll - meets -L. A. style.

6. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Michael Bastian shearling
    Lanvin polo
    Louis Vuitton jeans
    [​IMG]

7. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Read my anecdotal evidence and weep.

Also,
    It's balls-cold today. So I got out the wool pants.

Colombian moto
    JCrew
    Jantzen S/S military shirt
    Brasilian belt
    Express
    RMWilliams Yearling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On a side note, I had a funny incident in class. Some chick saw me with my insulin(looks like an epi-pen). She goes "What's that for?" Fair enough. I told her I had to take injections for my diabetes. She's like, how long have you had that? I say, since high school.

She goes - "Wow, it must be hard being in an English class."

"Oh??"

"Yeah, it's so difficult to read for you, right? Like you can't read quickly?"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess she thought it was dyslexia.

8. CDC

CDC Senior member

This is my meager attempt at fitting in a little more here. I don't normally have the opportunity, nor the financial means to 'dress up' as often as I'd like. Feel free to critique (as if it needed saying), as I really haven't much experience in this realm of fashion. I'm sure some wont like the cut-off leather gloves (I'd rather they be driving gloves) or the denim length but I've got to throw people off just a little, you know?

It's literally all (seriously tailored) thrift store stuff, save for the J. Lindeberg denim (which needs a proper hemming). Sorry for the gimoungous pix.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

i don't think you should try to fit in, your look is pretty killer as is.

10. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Great thrift finds. I have been looking for a vest lately. Those jeans are awesome. I need to search J. Lindeberg on this forum.

11. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

cdc, good post. I love the cut-off gloves and the coat together. Wonderful silhouette. I would've preferred it without the self-deprecating preface though.
    Just post the pics and see what happens[​IMG] .

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Looks pretty good CDC. I think i have the same jeans and socks. I see a lot of fingerless gloves on the two fora these days. I won't get a chance to try it out in florida, but when i go to boston/nyc this winter for a week i'm going to give it a try as i kind of like it.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

CDC, nice! It doesnt look like a thrift store ensemble at all. Good fit on everything. Did you just inverse cuff the jeans? I like the short length, esp when wearing boots, tho I'd probably hem them about ½" longer when getting them properly hemmed.

SoCal..fuck you for being able to wear a shearling jacket. Your former hometown is still stuck in summer at 90 degrees (maybe 85 today). bastard. cunt.

14. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Looks pretty good CDC. I think i have the same jeans and socks. I see a lot of fingerless gloves on the two fora these days. I won't get a chance to try it out in florida, but when i go to boston/nyc this winter for a week i'm going to give it a try as i kind of like it.

Which jeans are they? they are awesome.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Which jeans are they? they are awesome.

I *think* they're the same ones I tried on at Saks (on sale for $80). If so, it's black raw denim, REALLY slim, almost skintight. I tried on a 31, waist fit fine (seems to run true to size there) but the legs were really tight. Looking at CDCs hem opening, I'd say they were the same ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.