(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Can someone explain this tee for me?

I'll explain it, since it's my design.

A few years ago there was site called realskinheads.net (RSN)....it started off as an alternative to the idiocy in the skinhead scene where scene politics were ruining most skin sites (too nazi or too lefty). So RSN was for skinheads who were just skinheads, regardless of politics. The guy that ran it was a close friend and I did his tshirt designs, mostly band shirts and this one was the "official RSN site shirt". American Skinhead Pride (since it was geared for US Skins) - Keeping USA red free (stupid catchy slogan basically saying we don't like hippies and lefties, aka "reds"). There ya have it, straight from the horse's mouth. Too bad that site turned to shit itself after a couple years and several soap operas later.

2. robin

robin Senior member

Edit: Get Smart replied already.

3. ken

ken Banned by Request

Can someone explain this tee for me?

Heh... This is what Jason wore when he was 16 and listening to Oi!.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Heh... This is what Jason wore when he was 16 and listening to Oi!.

heh, unfortunately I was quite a bit older than 16 [​IMG]

5. mongo615

mongo615 Senior member

I'll explain it, since it's my design.

A few years ago there was site called realskinheads.net (RSN)....it started off as an alternative to the idiocy in the skinhead scene where scene politics were ruining most skin sites (too nazi or too lefty). So RSN was for skinheads who were just skinheads, regardless of politics. The guy that ran it was a close friend and I did his tshirt designs, mostly band shirts and this one was the "official RSN site shirt". American Skinhead Pride (since it was geared for US Skins) - Keeping USA red free (stupid catchy slogan basically saying we don't like hippies and lefties, aka "reds"). There ya have it, straight from the horse's mouth. Too bad that site turned to shit itself after a couple years and several soap operas later.

That's interesting....I'd read that the original skinhead movement in Britain was left-of-center, but I'd never heard of any manifestation of that political stance in the USA. Thanks for your explanation.

6. karissa

karissa Member

Wow, I completely read that differently & I've been holding back from a complete spaz! It goes to show that things in fashion can create quite a response & that it's always good to stay calm and ask questions before reacting. Thanks for clearing up. Sorry to bring the girl sensitivity to the forum.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

If the jeans were just a little smaller around the opening so you could see the whole sole, it wouldn't look so, well, girly. (NTTATWWT) It just reminds me of girls wearing bootcuts and their heel sticking out separately from the front of the shoe/boot. You could probably have the bottoms of the jeans taken in 1" and they would look a lot better IMO.
    He needs some bevel jeans. [​IMG]

8. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

That's interesting....I'd read that the original skinhead movement in Britain was left-of-center, but I'd never heard of any manifestation of that political stance in the USA. Thanks for your explanation.
    The original skinhead movement wasn't motivated by politics, from what I understand. They were sort of like mods. The political and race stuff happened later. But I certainly am not an expert on the subject, I could be wrong.

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The original skinhead movement wasn't motivated by politics, from what I understand. They were sort of like mods. The political and race stuff happened later. But I certainly am not an expert on the subject, I could be wrong.

'original' skinhead wasnt politically motivated (if anything it was spearheaded by style and music), but that isnt to say politics werent ever an issue. It's a complex subject (esp when talking about political stances), and its stylistic elements are really interesting to trace and see where it evolved from. It gives you a sense of how so much that seems unrelated is in fact all stemmed from each other.

10. DGP

DGP Senior member

X-posted and at the top again where I belong

To pasadena last night

[​IMG]

band of outsiders lavender pinpoint
    apc
    raf simons
    mmm
    uniqlo light blue speckled socks (no vis)

Are those NS or Rescues?

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

rescues

12. ataru

ataru Senior member

I like the fit of those rescues a lot. Are those the sized down 4 pair you mentioned buying in the other thread? If so, man, the stretching is unreal.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

That's them, they're getting somewhat comfortable now.

I'm probably going to get some 31s (3 down) to wear more casually with boots and less fitted tops. My dior 21s look similar to this sized down 1.

14. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Thom Browne jacket
    Thom Browne shirt
    Thom Browne tie
    Helmut Lang cords
    Church's chukkas

[​IMG]

15. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

[​IMG]

Thread Status: