(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Biker convention in town this week? [​IMG]

2. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

That's pretty nice, sauce. But the way the 5ep's are slung low is making your torso appear to be longer than your legs. It might also be the angle of the camera.

3. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

This is my very first contribution to this thread. Please excuse the lame photo quality; as you can see, I used a cellphone digicam.

there you go...that's definitely a nice way to go denim-on-denim, bridgen...you might lose a couple of d-on-d points if those aren't blue jeans, though (they look kinda gray)...but just a couple, because the point is made [​IMG]

great fit on that jacket!...you've inspired me to throw caution to the wind and do a super-hot soak on my old jacket...hopefully it'll shrink down a little closer to your fit

4. Brigden

Brigden Senior member

there you go...that's definitely a nice way to go denim-on-denim, bridgen...you might lose a couple of d-on-d points if those aren't blue jeans, though (they look kinda gray)...but just a couple, because the point is made [​IMG]

great fit on that jacket!...you've inspired me to throw caution to the wind and do a super-hot soak on my old jacket...hopefully it'll shrink down a little closer to your fit

Thanks for the encouragement, fellas.

I should have itemized the outfit, but I was in a rush. If it matters, the pants are light-weight, slim-fitting, wool, and in charcoal in colour.

5. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Biker convention in town this week?

[​IMG]

That chain is indeed comical [​IMG]

Before going to meatpacking/chelsea
    [​IMG]
    vb
    mcqueen
    south willard
    oc patent navy shoes

7. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

^^mcqueen is lookin sick

8. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

Bonus shot today with fellow member XCHEN
    [​IMG]
    On Me: Chino Blazer by JCrew
    Thermal Undershirt by Old Navy
    Pants by Ralph Lauren
    Shoes by Florshiem
    On XChen: Shirt by Ralph Lauren
    Tie by Ralph Lauren
    Braces by Trafalgar
    Chinos by JCrew
    Shoes by Clarks

i really like the that preppy meets slightly desheviled Ralph Lauren look you try to create a lot of the time. i think if you got some more classic looking glasses though it would really finish the look off better. maybe an old fashioned plastic tortoise shell color, but in an updated shape. i have some oliver peoples frames that fit that description buti bet you could find some way cheaper than what i paid.

yeah, anyway, right now i feel like your glasses look like they have a versace sun logo, or huge ass prada logo or something on the side and you should be wearing an oversized polo, huge fubu jorts and some AF1's - basically you dress better than your glasses might lead peopel to believe - no hate

. . . and i may be one of the few people on here that likes it but i think the popped collar is pulled off very well here. doesn't look pretentious at all, and that you do it all the time, and you do it well - and that is hard to do

9. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

Thanks for the encouragement, fellas. I should have itemized the outfit, but I was in a rush. If it matters, the pants are light-weight, slim-fitting, wool, and in charcoal in colour.
    oh [​IMG] well...nice outfit, anyway...and, since i spelled you name wrong, i'll let you keep all accumulated points ps edit...xchen's and minkous' get-ups are starting to grow on me [​IMG]

10. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Brioni sportscoat
    Kiton shirt
    Incotex pant
    MD belt
    Armani socks
    NM monkstraps

11. Lake Calhoun

Lake Calhoun Member

Agreed. I like the vibe of your outfits; however, the RL pants, shown better in the pic posted in MC's WAYWN, are just fugly [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'

I also hate light-blue jeans. Dark denim or dark chino's would work much better with that 'onsomblay.

Despise the 'banker braces'. As you said, at least you aren't dressed like the typical prep college Lacoste kid.

Kudos.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I don't know sauce, but i really don't like anything going on in that outfit. Maybe it's the shirt colored layering with the black blazer. Or the rye circa 5 months ago stumpy legs from the super sag. Also, i really don't like thost MJ shoes with the blazer and shirt and it's not just because i don't think sneakers and a blazer ever work, but not that combination. I think your 5epxsf jeans are too sloppy and casual to wear dressed up like that. I understand you wanted to "mess up" the traditional jeans/buttonup/blazer look, but i think you went a bit too far in that respect. I admire the attempt at the chain because they're pretty hit or miss, but i think this one missed. I know you appreciate feedback besides "lol what did you size down?" so i figured i'd throw that out there. It's just one of the few outfits you've posted where i saw it and just instantly was struck with sloppy(in a bad way). The only thing about the xchen/mink thing is that it seems the both of them are a little too concerned with what lake expressed above. It just seems like both try a bit harder just to be different from the +++ A&F. Cargo Shorts. Flip Flops look. Not quite as bad as the high school kids who "rebel" against the popular look by shopping at hot topic, but you get the idea. I just tire of the "oh, i just feel so much older and more mature than my age. i'm 22 going on 40" mentality. There are other posters like that here and it just seems pretentious at times. I know xchen and mink just really like going for the business casual look though, that's cool, as long as it's natural i have no hate.

13. kallun

kallun Senior member

New hair looking good RyeGB!

So Last Season hoddie
    ACNE Tee
    Carin Wester dropped croutch trouser
    Buddhahoood painted boots
    [​IMG]

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Guys, you're gonna make Sauce cry.

Jet looks alright. Is that a BoO popover I spy on the table?

15. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

kallun, really like that, especially the pants/boots combination. What material are those wester pants? I want some drop crotch wool / tweed pants, but not too thin..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.