1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dusty

dusty Senior member

The posters on this thread show remarkable restraint with respect to Socal's endless stream of bullshit insults.

2. Souper

Souper Senior member

It's funny that socal choose his words carefully and even used the hornets nest smiley in what's obviously trolling for a response; but on the other hand I'm sure everyone here on S+D knows that we don't strive to dress "grown up" when we post our waywt.

I do love the crossover posters because I think SW+D has been stagnant lately; I can't be assed to read back over the few pages of what seem to be repetitive bashing of GDLs outfit. My personal input is: This is the same way I would size the hoodie, and the same way I would wear it (under a coat or jacket). I would not match with those sneakers. I would coordinate colors in a way that wouldn't clash; doing so however would be a complete crossover into streetwear which seems to me the only thing possible with that hoodie anyway.

A classy/casual juxtaposition of garments can exist in one outfit in a positive way, this is not it. I do however wish to see more of your casual outfits.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton sportscoat
    Brioni polo
    Zegna chinos
    Trafalgar belt
    Zegna socks
    Lucchese boots

4. Godspeed

Godspeed Well-Known Member

Kiton sportscoat
    Brioni polo
    Zegna chinos
    Trafalgar belt
    Zegna socks
    Lucchese boots

well played.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

The posters on this thread show remarkable restraint with respect to Socal's endless stream of bullshit insults.
    How does one react to an unabashed homosexual who routinely insults others by suggesting that they're gay? I'll leave the answer to Mr.Owl.

6. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

See... this is why there's a lack of criticism on the forum.

Everybody's outfits look great today!

yeah...there's a fine line to tread when voicing a negative opinion...you need to express your point of view in a constructive way while being careful not to unduly insult or come off like the ultimate authority...i've been the recipient of criticism from both sides of that line, and i can say that it makes a hell of a difference...

I don't get it. GDL's outfit wasn't good. There is pretty much no defending it except the individual items fit well. The "classy/dressy" comment was more a way to emphasize that the jacket was out of place with the rest of the outfit and less an accurate description of the individual piece.

see, now...who is chrono to pass ultimate judgement, here?...i think his presentation would have been a lot more effective if he spoke from the perspective that he was voicing only his opinion -- an opinion that may or may not be totally on point...it's a small change in attitude and delivery that makes a world of difference...bad form from chrono...but, i give him credit for taking the time out to comment on gdl's fit...

i think this place runs more smoothly and is more valuable when people remember that there are things that are a lot more essential to good style than what clothes you wear [​IMG]

and, fwiw...i thought that the nikes and the hoodie had too much going on in the same outfit...but, hearing of gdl's personal history with his shoes, did alter my perception a little [​IMG]

7. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

How does one react to an unabashed homosexual who routinely insults others by suggesting that they're gay?

I'll leave the answer to Mr.Owl.

homosexuals should be abashed?...or perhaps just bashed?

i think socal, while thickly pompous and arrogant, has a refreshing way of keeping things in check around here

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

homosexuals should be abashed?...or perhaps just bashed?

i think socal, while thickly pompous and arrogant, has a refreshing way of keeping things in check around here

1) You haven't been here long enough. 2) You haven't been paying attention.

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

1) You haven't been here long enough.
    2) You haven't been paying attention.

That may be true, but NYC Gaucho's previous post was nicely put. Criticism is fine, but Chronaug's posts were mostly useless, and the faux authoritative tone implied more credibility than he actually has.

10. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I like the GDLs jacket with the jeans. I dont like the Nikes too much but I hate pretty much all Nike shoes in general. However agree that certain people here do not really know what they are talking about when it comes to certain things.

11. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

1) You haven't been here long enough.
    2) You haven't been paying attention.

touchÃ[​IMG]...but, be sure to send me a memo when i've been here long enough to have an opinion...

you might be right, though...maybe i haven't been here long enough or paid attention enough...because i don't remember socal insulting people by calling them gay...sounds pretty silly, really...i'll keep my eye out for it...

in the meantime though, you'll forgive me if it makes me laugh when he pulls a diva out of the closet, here and there

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

No shit, I'll have to be more upfront about what I think of some of SuperBobos fits. First I'll have to start posting some of mine own to keep it all ecumenical, but then....

Feel free to do so. Im sure alot of people dislike my "look" at any given time.

I very seldom say anything negative about other peoples looks, but when a bunch of others give something imo unjustified positive remarks, while it in my eyes loooks ...bad, I sometimes feel the urge to voice this. This the wrong way on a "fashion forum"?

13. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

its hot, and im sick of studying.

[​IMG]

vans chukka
    iron heart 634s
    tanner belt
    gorman t

14. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

How does one react to an unabashed homosexual who routinely insults others by suggesting that they're gay?
    How does one react to a thoroughly abashed 36 year old pretending he's 24 on the internet?

15. kallun

kallun Senior member

Whyred hoodie Dior Homme cords Gucci leather hightops (also in thumbnail) [​IMG]

16. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Sorry I got home and had a bad buzz, blehk.

But, I think there is a legit aspect in asking the question to many people here who just wear jeans, tshirt and some sort of casual jacket.
    At what point do you think you'll "give that up"? Or will you always be sleeping in and soaking your jeans or whatever it is you do?
    If a 45, 55, 65 year old man started posting his "fits" on here...would you really want to see that?? And don't say "of course becuase gramps is cool!"

17. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

How does one react to a thoroughly abashed 36 year old pretending he's 24 on the internet?

This one is funny...from whose loins did that one spring?

18. Brigden

Brigden Senior member

Sorry I got home and had a bad buzz, blehk.

But, I think there is a legit aspect in asking the question to many people here who just wear jeans, tshirt and some sort of casual jacket.
    At what point do you think you'll "give that up"? Or will you always be sleeping in and soaking your jeans or whatever it is you do?
    If a 45, 55, 65 year old man started posting his "fits" on here...would you really want to see that?? And don't say "of course becuase gramps is cool!"

I've been reading your posts on several forums for many years now. I don't take issue with your unabated arrogance; I am perhaps your equal in that regard. I simply avoid making a spectacle for the sake of self-promotion. Instead, I keep much of it to myself.

I want to assume you're quite young -- early twenties, perhaps? You've got to be young enough for some old queen to keep you in his handbag. You spend far too much time wasting reams to time on the Internet to be gainfully employed. Your juvenile comments and attitude must belie your age, though. Your chubby physique leads me to believe you're a bit older than the child you play on the Internet.

So, if you don't mind the intrusion; just how old are you?

19. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

I'm nearly there.[​IMG]

20. whacked

whacked Senior member

I've been reading your posts on several forums for many years now.
    I want to assume you're quite young -- early twenties, perhaps? You've got to be young enough for some old queen to keep you in his handbag. You spend far too much time wasting reams to time on the Internet to be gainfully employed. Your juvenile comments and attitude must belie your age, though. Your chubby physique leads me to believe you're a bit older than the child you play on the Internet.

So, if you don't mind the intrusion; just how old are you?

Sorry, but your reasoning contradicts the statement in bold. SoCal has posted pics with his mug multiple times, not to mention bits and pieces from his college education a few years back. Hence I don't have much trouble believing he's actually 24. And dude's the son of some billionaire/multi-millionaire owner of a few food manufacturers, it seems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.