• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
n1370850931_1394445_6586_300x400.jpg
Not pictured: Justin boots in brown oiled leather.

whoa, this is an awesome look, and way different from last year or whenever you started posting.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saturday1-1.jpg

Brutus:
MJK hoodie
APC NS
Lanvin wannabee's

Braidkid:
aa tee
number (nine) shirt
w+h hoodie
w+h jacket
Flathead BSP
White's Semi-Dress

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic

I think you need to invest more in the style experiment you tried out once (the slight goth ninja influenced one). You need to have something to wear when you're not dressed up and just going out on the weekends. While I'm not suggesting to pull a chris and go insane with Ann D and skinny fits, I think it's worth looking into to develop, at first, a fairly monochromatic color scheme and expand from there.

Think about it, Trad by day and GothNinja by night, and slowly over time they converge. At the very least, it will be an experiment in style worth taking and, I feel, would make your overall wardrobe and style more interesting.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You put it well, Lel.

GothNinja is not the direction I will take. However, I do think I will get some darker items. What I was trying to do with that one fit was "SF approved/hipster fit as would have existed in the 1950's/early 60's"; so I may expand along those lines. No patent leather, though...

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
You put it well, Lel.

GothNinja is not the direction I will take. However, I do think I will get some darker items. What I was trying to do with that one fit was "SF approved/hipster fit as would have existed in the 1950's/early 60's"; so I may expand along those lines. No patent leather, though...

Gothninja is the not the correct term, but I can see your casual style evolving along the terms of that one particular WAYWT you posted. I hope I keep seeing more pictures from you like that, because I'd be interested to see a style evolve on SF outside of the typical SF uniform.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Take that stupid hat off.

And you prove my point about CPs only looking good on 1/10 people.

Looks like somebody else dressed you.

This is incredibly harsh bordering nonsensical, Shoreman looks good here, there's nothing contrived or uncomfortable about the look and I actually think the hat and shoes work for him.
I'm surprised that you would critique this particular look so harshly compared to other pedestrian rubbish posted here this year.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Channeling my best SuperBobo/JO3B

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

Well done! Easy layering, cool hat, nice touch of color. Honorable mentions to Vanshin and Gosurface.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
to address all previous statements regarding what has come to be known as 'work wear' on this board. first imo, no one does it better than timpoblete and robin. timpo posts all the time and has things down to a tee in regards to fit and style. robin i've seen here once in a blue moon and is the same. .
I find this a rather interesting discussion probably since it concerns me
smile.gif
Always interesting to discuss personal style in a more abstract way. I feel theres pretty few similarities between robin, timpo, Jo3b and me. Not ment to be offensive, but both Jo3b and Robin(the little ive seen) strikes me as a fashion take on EG/RL, with slim khakis and slacks, and generally a more "preppy" feel. Personally im more inspired by Free & Easy and sites such as suplex, with "rugged" vintage and classic pieces combined in a somewhat neat way. I love carhartt duck pants (which I have a hard time picturing Robin in) for instance, both for cut and feel, and would "never" wear something like the Uniqlo chinos. Dont really know whats my point, possibly that comparing styles based on a few common points turns out like comparing apples to oranges...

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/braidkid/saturday1-1.jpg

if braidkid is only 5'1", what does that make brutus???

Originally Posted by Rye GB
This is incredibly harsh bordering nonsensical, Shoreman looks good here, there's nothing contrived or uncomfortable about the look and I actually think the hat and shoes work for him.
I'm surprised that you would critique this particular look so harshly compared to other pedestrian rubbish posted here this year.

well...fwiw, i think the cp's do lend a bit of an air of the contrived to this otherwise nicely executed fit...i'm horrible with colors, but i think a pair of black lace-up boots or shoes would have really sealed the deal here...

but, wait a minute...rye gb is chastising someone else for being nonsensically harsh?...and, he's been recently seen to be almost gentlemanly in his criticisms to some audaciously dressed noobs???...all right...ok...i think my work here might finally be done

Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Well done! Easy layering, cool hat, nice touch of color.

yes...i especially like the flannel scarf...made me think of this one...

wdywt080120b.jpg

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
Brutus: MJK hoodie APC NS Lanvin wannabee's Braidkid: aa tee number (nine) shirt w+h hoodie w+h jacket Flathead BSP White's Semi-Dress
+ MJK bamboo T
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
if braidkid is only 5'1", what does that make brutus???
4'10" This proves that camera angle can do crazy things cause he's probably only 2" taller than I (+1" with the White's). I think this particular photo looks screwy because the crease in the concrete makes us look like we're the same distance from the camera when in reality we're not.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
img_1772164.jpg
Same bottom half, just posting to show the coat I just picked up. Very warm, and only ~$87

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads