1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Well, i was raised catholic so i believe in 3 gods because i'm a polytheistic heathen. So it works out

2. Souper

Souper Well-Known Member

Dunno if you interpreted my post correctly, or if I just kind of veered off into a rant, which I know I did.

I'm on rye's side, with a more of a who cares attitude. I see bad posts and kinda just ignore. i rarely comment on peoples fits, though, maybe thats why .

Needed disclaimer: Not that mine are any better.

3. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

Seriously though. fivefivefive, teger, erzu, nycgaucho, slappysloppy, etc... are the ones giving style advice? This is like listening to magician or gravitas (vegetarian girls) when it comes to the best steakhouse in town. Or connemara when it comes to checking out non-70year old women.

On a side note, i'm done drunk posting since i'm still bitter about losing in the semis of that beer pong tournament. Rye, please stick around. You're doing the (fashion) lord's work.

neo- I get it, you're nonchalant and "above" this by posting vacation pictures? I don't have a problem with you, but a lot of your outfits aren't very good. That's all that it really comes down to. That's cool if you want to be a "free spirit", but you seem to be a bit off in a fair amount of your casual fits. That's it.

Did you even read my posts or are we supposed to see you use words like 'proportion' and 'silhouette' and bow down in awe of your degree in fashion from styleforum?

4. chronoaug

I read your posts. You mentioned that he was unique and "different' and while it was, it wasn't very well done.

5. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Well-Known Member

Seriously though. fivefivefive, teger, erzu, nycgaucho, slappysloppy, etc... are the ones giving style advice? This is like listening to magician or gravitas (vegetarian girls) when it comes to the best steakhouse in town. Or connemara when it comes to checking out non-70year old women.

He shoots, he scores.

Style advice? I thought I was just telling Rye he needs to chill out.

6. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

wait, im confused

i thought both teger and chrono were part of socals posse

7. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Well-Known Member

neo- I get it, you're nonchalant and "above" this by posting vacation pictures? I don't have a problem with you, but a lot of your outfits aren't very good. That's all that it really comes down to. That's cool if you want to be a "free spirit", but you seem to be a bit off in a fair amount of your casual fits. That's it.
    1. You did not get it. "Crossing paths" line? Too obscure? 2. Segue of first pic to the park shot --- Robbie's need for pics; I do have a life outside the forum. 3. Only three vacation pics. The rest is travel for work. I do live a life outside the forum that reflects what I wear. My vision of style extends beyond from what I see in my backyard or on the internet or what is "in" or who designed what. 4. You have voiced your opinion of my outfits and I acknowlege them. Cheers and thanks.

8. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

I read your posts. You mentioned that he was unique and "different' and while it was, it wasn't very well done.

The only 'advice' I've given Neo is that he should try some jeans with a taper, a la Dior 21cms.

The people giving advice on this forum (myself included) are far the most part amateurs with a very limited access and knowledge of fashion. It's as if this entire thread is a classical orchestra, and Neofinta walks up playing the electric guitar, and instead of suggesting slight improvements to his performance, you throw up your hands, burst in to tears and run from the room. It's not productive and I think it does a disservice to pretty much everyone who reads the board.

I just find it funny that people act as if they speak from such positions of authority.

9. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

wait, im confused

i thought both teger and chrono were part of socals posse

chrono is a cool guy. he just cut in front of me when it was my turn to suck socal off.

could you be less retarded tho, please. don't you have rent money to spend on clothes?

10. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Hey, you don't have to be Tarentino to be a movie critic.

Also, did erzu ever post a picture? His critiques are interesting and certainly honest so I was looking forward to seeing his style.

11. ghulkhan

chrono is a cool guy. he just cut in front of me when it was my turn to suck socal off.

could you be less retarded tho, please. don't you have rent money to spend on clothes?

shut up noob

chrono was cool but hes had his head stuck up his ass ever since he stayed with socal

but youve just been a fucking idiot since day 1.

and about the rent...good one!

12. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

shut up noob

chrono was cool but hes had his head stuck up his ass ever since he stayed with socal

but youve just been a fucking idiot since day 1.

and about the rent...good one!

everything you post is shit and you are a giant self parody. jet at least buys some nice things, all you do is make a spectacle of yourself.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

The people giving advice on this forum (myself included) are far the most part amateurs with a very limited access and knowledge of fashion. It's as if this entire thread is a classical orchestra, and Neofinta walks up playing the electric guitar
    More like he's playing a clarinet, only upside-down, and he's broken off the bottom half and stuck a trombone bell on there.

14. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

and we're playing kazoos carved out of wood becaus they're more authentic!

15. chronoaug

Ghulkan- Socal does post a bunch of out of bounds type stuff and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think socal has a good grasp on what makes something work, even if it's not your personal style or not. This is why a lot of his outfits that run the full style specturum work. Some don't though, and that's cool. Also, I was born with my head up my ass, don't worry [​IMG] I think a lot of people see a style they don't really "get" and immediately think it must be good. F2B had some really good fits, and then had some that were just plain mediocre. Bobo is the same. He posts outfits that are a bit outside the norm and sometimes they're really good, and other times, needs some tweaking, but socal and fade both seem to be a bit more consistent and knowledgeable. That's why i like both of their style's more.

16. ghulkhan

everything you post is shit and you are a giant self parody. jet at least buys some nice things, all you do is make a spectacle of yourself.

yes my buys are complete garbage. actually i dont really purchase anything. its just to annoy idiots like you.

but at least it works

17. chronoaug

ghulk- next time i'm in nyc, hook me up with some margiela, and i'll forever sing your praises. Even if it's the disco shirt/pants/scarf ensemble. I'll werk it

18. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people see a style they don't really "get" and immediately think it must be good. F2B had some really good fits, and then had some that were just plain mediocre. Bobo is the same. He posts outfits that are a bit outside the norm and sometimes they're really good, and other times, needs some tweaking, but socal and fade both seem to be a bit more consistent and knowledgeable. That's why i like both of their style's more.

Wtf, dont make me come over there and mans man slap you!
    I dont claim to be fashion jeebus, but I got a good grasp on proportions, colors and silhouettes.

19. ghulkhan

ghulk- next time i'm in nyc, hook me up with some margiela, and i'll forever sing your praises. Even if it's the disco shirt/pants/scarf ensemble. I'll werk it

chrono,
    i dont care for your praises or from anyone on this forum for that matter. i like to help people and i try to help people as much as i can. the people on this forum who i have helped out in the past know that.

but then there are people like teger who have some sort of anger built up inside of them against me and try to use anything they can to humiliate me or insult me. i dont know why they have so much hatred built up inside of them but i just love fucking with them even more. i might be a cunt to certain people on here but thats only because they feel that im stepping on their turf or some shit.

anyways, your really not one of those people. i cant make any promises on margiela but who knows...

and i like the disco shirt, im not feelin the pants and scarf too much!

20. mainy

mainy Well-Known Member

lol @ people saying waywt is a circle jerk - isn't that what fashion is, as an industry? a bunch of people "in the know" patronizing each other and telling each other how great their ideas / style is?

as for neo vs. the self appointed stylish, who cares? do you think some grown ass man who obviously is comfortable with how he dresses is going to do a complete 360 because a bunch of people on the internet say it doesn't work? i hope not, that would be super weak. same people that bitch about people being "Dressed by the internet" trying to get him to switch it up to please them. would he be cooler if he just went and mass bought Raf and posted himself in runway styles? i mean, i don't like his fits personally, but if people want to suck his dick over them obviously they see something in it. i feel like this is a small group of people whining about the lack of taste on this forum, when in reality it's probably just different taste. honestly i find the whole idea of "educating" people about fashion, or spreading some sort of gospel laughable and borderline offensive. obviously he posts his pictures so he opens himself to criticism, but saying he isn't on your "level" or whatever just makes me laugh. very very hard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.