1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

We can't all start off as Oh!Saka[​IMG]

2. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

The way it has to go is that somebody tells you to buy an AA hoodie, you tell them to fuck off, then you buy a $150 hoodie at Nordstroms, decide it sucks, then buy the AA hoodie. You can't do it first.
    Technically, I did buy a W+H hoodie and resell it.

3. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Alright bud, I gotta advise you to go to sleep and come back here in the morning. What you're saying is not helping your case at all.

4. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

There's nothing wrong with "my case", so no, not really.

5. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

I really appreciate the hot shitfest this thread turned into over the past 24 hours. This forum needs less decorum.

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

Did you dickfaces tell kodiak what to buy just so you could give him shit for it later? [​IMG]

7. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

8. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

9. xchen

xchen Senior member

10. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

What do you think? Top hat? Max Headroom glasses? Buxom beauties?

11. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Your avatar thievery is still confusing the hell out of me. I am warming up to 'zazz' though.

12. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

13. robbie

robbie Senior member

xchen/hossoso/jennylewis... how do you suggest I zazz it up?

14. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

Man, this guy's still in town...

With bells on.

15. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

xchen/hossoso/jennylewis... how do you suggest I zazz it up?

I agree with your original assessment about the shirt. I don't like the fit/cut that much with the denim. The chambray you mentioned may fit the bill. It just looks a bit like a Canadian tuxedo. Not too bad, just a little bland. What shoes? Plimsoles or vintage (Nettletons? J&M?) brown lace-ups?

16. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

17. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

The way it has to go is that somebody tells you to buy an AA hoodie, you tell them to fuck off, then you buy a $150 hoodie at Nordstroms, decide it sucks, then buy the AA hoodie. You can't do it first.
    While it does seem slightly insane to me that a 19-y/o is walking around in Diors and patent CPs, I can't front on that shit-- it looks good. People are inherently wary of him because his style evolution has been so accelerated that it took him months to accomplish what it took others years to (the fact that money apparently isn't an issue doesn't hurt, either.) People are suspicious of others who come up too fast, it is natural to assume they haven't had time to absorb the fundamentals, and they'll end up like the kid who cleans up on high-IQ bowl when he's 8, but then finds himself unable to negotiate adult life because his parents and teachers just assumed he'd be able to. Kodiak's aquisitions are impressive, if not exactly inspired, and it is precisely by dint of their de rigeur nature that they're not going to get any love from people who secretly yearn to school the internetz with their wildly inventive, next-level My Own Private Or Yehuda steez. There is a certain joy to being a lowcash, where you're driven by this magpie impulse of gathering things from the mid-level designer to the Target level, but combining them in a way that you just absolutely make them your own. When everything is expensive and designer, and comes factory-issue bearing the imprimpteur of high fashion, it immediately becomes to some degree "safe", and for me at least, there's no longer that thrill of discovery. But when I see something like Brian SD's last fit, I see that there are things high fashion can accomplish that more modest means never could. Sometimes indie movies are good, and sometimes Hollywood blockbusters are good, but you can't go trying to make a Hollywood blockbuster on an indie movie budget. Incidentally, the W+H hoodie was not flattering to his body type, so he exercised good judgement in reselling it.

18. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

Wow, I never meant to hurt anyone. You don't seem to be taking this well at all. I guess I was just thinking about myself...again. I'll go back to blowing someone else's mind right away. By the morning it will all just be a bad memory.

19. blank

blank Senior member

What the fuck? This has become like the WAYWT Chat Edition thread on Superfuture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.