1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

[​IMG] Yawn Steez: Brooks Bros J Crew Tummy by Kwilk Lucky jeans Ecco shoes Anyone have advice other than "lose weight" ?
    There's really no gentle way to say this. None of this works, and the phone (which is, somehow, even worse than my phone; I did not think this was possible) doesn't help. Lucky actually cuts fairly well; it's their fabrics that are horrible. However, these do not fit you well, and ironing your jeans is a bad life decision. The color of the sweater is unpleasant, and the bagginess just accentuates your weight. Hard to say anything about the shirt, but splaying the collar and cuffs out like that is not a good idea. Ecco shoes are generally best improved with fire. Overall rating: [​IMG]

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Lucky actually cuts fairly well; it's their fabrics that are horrible. However, these do not fit you well, and ironing your jeans is a bad life decision. The color of the sweater is unpleasant, and the bagginess just accentuates your weight. Hard to say anything about the shirt, but splaying the collar and cuffs out like that is not a good idea. Ecco shoes are generally best improved with fire.

Thanks. I didn't iron my jeans, but I see the lines from being folded and see what you're talking about. Does the bagginess really accentuate the size? To me, it just seems if I wore a more fitting/tighter sweater it'd look ridiculous. I'll give it a try though and see what happens.
    I know my shoes blow. What's a better shoe for less than $150? I know i know, there are hundreds of threads about this.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

As a general rule, bagginess accentuates proportions. If you're skinny, you'll look skinner; if you're fat, you'll look fatter. Nothing is magically "slimming", but you will look better in a sweater that fits. Take a few pictures in a fitting room mirror if you want to test this.

As far as shoes go, I guess Clarks desert boots are pretty popular here and relatively cheap (maybe 70ish?). With some reworking, they would suit the aesthetic you seemed to be going for.

4. Eason

Eason Senior member

First WAYWT. Zomg! Be nice. [​IMG]

Anyone have advice other than "lose weight" ?

ehh... [​IMG] Buy a really awesome DB suit, and wear it with something like well worn samurais?

Nice blazer, what kind of bag is that ?

it's just some beater bag I picked up in dong dae mun last time I was in seoul, something like $40 and it's served me well.

5. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

The more I wear this Robert Geller jacket, the more I'm not sure if I should be keeping it... I love pretty much everything about the jacket (brass buttons, pointed cuffs, standing collar) but I really dislike how the sleeve is done in two materials, a knitted cotton for the bottom half and a standard brushed cotton for the top half.

Thoughts?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    overall fit; shoulder and sleeve detail; jeans & boot detail

Robert Geller Himalayan Jacket
    no name grey tee
    APC petite standard black
    Mihara Yasuhiro boots (click here for top view of boots)

6. Eason

Eason Senior member

That's the first APC fit I've liked, those petit standards look better than your Diors, I might have to pick up a pair some time.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I've always disliked that geller jacket, pinoy. That, the coated toggle coat, and the himalaya (i think it's called) one. I dunno. Geller has some nice pieces this fall but a few kinda miss the mark unless you fully committ like the look book and runway pics.

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I think the sleeves are about the only thing I like on that jacket.

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I enjoy your use of the whiteboard.

One of the more creative moments I've had in my lifetime...

You've got the potential to rake in some serious $$$ as a doctor with handwriting like that.

Haha. Thank you for the career advice.

10. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

Thanks for your thoughts, chronoaug and arethusa. The Geller jacket does seem like quite the polarizing piece- either you love it or you don't. Exactly what is it that you don't like about the jacket- does it border on being too costumey?

That's the first APC fit I've liked, those petit standards look better than your Diors, I might have to pick up a pair some time.
    Keep in mind the petite standards don't fit everyone! I'm a pretty short dude (5'8) and have pretty short legs (29" inseam w/o break) so I need jeans with a pretty low rise, which is what the petit standards have. Usually, most 'normal fitting' pants look like they have a slight dropped crotch on me [​IMG]

11. unko

unko Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Modern Amusement
    Gap
    APC
    Clarks

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

Anyone have advice other than "lose weight" ?

It's been almost a year...

You know I'm saying that only because we're friends, right? [​IMG]

13. spertia

spertia Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ted Baker sweater (blue/tan heathered)
    Filippa K cords (brown)
    Miu Miu shoes (tan)
    Issey Miyake watch

14. sonick

sonick Senior member

[​IMG] Jacket: Vintage (Steinmark?) T: Gap Jeans: Gap Watch: Seiko w/ NATO strap. The jeans I got yesterday with a 30% off Friends&Family coupon, and are suprisingly nice. A lot of styling cues, I found, were taken from Earnest Sewn such as the back pockets, and the way the hem was sewn on the bottom of the inseam here it crosses and curves down. Leather patch is quite nice, and hidden rivets are a nice touch.

15. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Vbrasta everything looks spot on.

16. j

j Senior member Admin

Will you ever let me down? Will you ever run around and desert me?
    never edit: dammit, I totally should have been him for Halloween. I completely forgot I was going to do that.

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

[​IMG] Click for fit minus trench. S2A trench KZO shirt KZO overdyed Japanese selvage jeans Varvatos Details: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

That's a dope trench, Whodini. I like how you combined different shades of black/grey together.

Feels like the shirt could use epaulets, but that's just me.

19. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

[​IMG]
    Click for fit minus trench.
    S2A trench
    KZO shirt
    KZO overdyed Japanese selvage jeans
    Varvatos

Details:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very well done. Where'd you pick up the Surface To Air shirt?

20. brimley

brimley Senior member

How does that trench close? Are those the only exposed buttons? Zipper underneath? Looks good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.