(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halifamous

Halifamous Senior member

union station!! did you go see the jays?
    I live on the water, I have to take the skywalk to get to downtown.

2. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

^^^

I guess to each their own but I just don't see how. The shoulders hit right, there isn't any pull on the buttons, it isn't fitted to where you can make out the body underneath... Are you sure you didn't mean to quote an old photo of Eason?

well...to my regular-guy eye, the hem is too short (if he raised his arms a bit, i think we'd see his bully-button)...especially referencing the fit on the model, the sleeves look too short, as well...and, the arm-holes look painfully high and tight...shoulders seem just a touch narrow, too...

around the chest, it seems fine...but, overall, it seems to me like he's trying to fit into his favorite shirt from freshman year of high school

i think this looks 1000x better

http://www.tobi.com/color_image/men_main_image/7517

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Brioni suit
    Zegna pocket-square
    Kiton shirt
    DY cufflinks
    NM tie
    KS belt
    Falke socks
    JL bluchers
    Zegna cologne

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

still do not liek. look like puma speedcats
    Oh well, can't please 'em all.
    it must be the summertime...cuz you got no class ***WARNING***REGULAR GUY OPINION ABOUT TO BE EXPRESSED***WARNING*** young stazy...that shirt is a full size too small on you edit...all right...maybe half a size...sf has gotten to me more than i thought
    Haha, thanks for the advance warning.
    well...to my regular-guy eye, the hem is too short (if he raised his arms a bit, i think we'd see his bully-button)...especially referencing the fit on the model, the sleeves look too short, as well...and, the arm-holes look painfully high and tight...shoulders seem just a touch narrow, too... around the chest, it seems fine...but, overall, it seems to me like he's trying to fit into his favorite shirt from freshman year of high school
    The hem is short for a button up. Most button ups don't look good untucked because they are too long so I purposely tailored this shirt to be the same length as most of my tees (Which I consider to look better untucked than button ups). The shirt fits slim but it doesn't feel tight at all. I have full mobility... The last thing i would post on SF is my favourite shirt from my freshman year at high school. [​IMG]

5. West24

West24 Senior member

oh it says halifax under location. so i thought maybe you took a trip to toronto and saw the jays. lol

6. Karl Pooper

Karl Pooper Senior member

Don't front, you live on a highway. there's a lot of stuff between you and the water.

7. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

The hem is short for a button up. Most button ups don't look good untucked because they are too long so I purposely tailored this shirt to be the same length as most of my tees (Which I consider to look better untucked than button ups).

The shirt fits slim but it doesn't feel tight at all. I have full mobility...

The last thing i would post on SF is my favourite shirt from my freshman year at high school. [​IMG]

well...my main gripe with the fit of your shirt is that it looks uncomfortable...but, your telling me that you feel fine in it, makes a difference...

that said, i think it would be interesting to see you in the same shirt with a cut more like the one on the model from tobi...not that these websites always demonstrate optimal fit on their models, but this time, i think that got it right...the way it drapes and flows is magnificent...but that's lost with the narrow shoulders and shortened hem...

anyway...good talk...it's helpful to discuss and analyze the finer points of fit...certainly a skill i've been trying to sharpen up...next topic: color coordinating! [​IMG]

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

SoCal sell a pair of shoes and get a better camera mate; you wear some of the more interesting items but can't see them that well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

socal great jacket! good length...is it a kind of dark khaki? been looking for one of those. does the label say valentino?

10. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

we collidin at the speed of life as we speak... [​IMG] shirt/pants - Yohji Yamamoto shoes - Visvim

11. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Nice SoCal... much better seeing it that clearly. You pull of the white jeans well, and I could see myself wearing all that bar the shoes probably. Props on the sockless look, I'm starting to go sockless pretty often now.

Stazy maybe it looks a tad off because of the slightly unnatural pose.

F2B great photo

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

socal great jacket! good length...is it a kind of dark khaki? been looking for one of those. does the label say valentino?

Yes dark green cotton. It's Valentino from Saks.

13. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

SoCal, I actually think that last outfit looks great, particularly the shirt and jacket. I'm still undecided on the shoes, though.

14. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

^ It makes me think of engineered garments

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.