1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

whats the fun in paying ten times the amount of money for something you admit is not much different then stuff bought in 'bargain bins' I don't understand, maybe i dont 'have an eye'.
    i did not admit the clothing itself is not much different than bargain bin material, what i said was to the casual passerby the clothes look relatively unassuming (e.g. could have come from some layman brand like 'Giordano', if you are familiar with the HK mass chain store) until you study the details up close, fabric, etc. why the HELL would i pay ten times the amount of money for something that might as well be from the bargain bin...that's pretty much what i've gone against my entire 'style career.' Actually, that kind of spending is precisely what I try to avoid. The internet does a good job of twisting people's words or putting some in their mouths when they weren't there to begin with.
    admittedly I have seen some of your fits and don't really think you look better than someone wearing bargain bin clothing
    Mission accomplished. It's not to your tastes or you don't relate, i'm cool with that. But thanks for discussing it regardless.

2. jet

jet Senior member

Yo, jet. Post a pic in your cdg pants. The gauntlet has been laid by me this morning in mine. Also, what size are they, L? You should just mail them to me instead actually

They're xl but they didn't have any l's so for 120 I scooped anyway. I'll probably get them taken in or wear a belt but they taper so much they look fine with the loafers when I got them pinned up. They're on the way wait by the mailbox and just when you think they won't be showing up wait a few more days.

3. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

I think a lot of the complaints have much more to do with Kodiak's attitude then his appearance. He's made himself a presence on several other forums (other than sufu) and it has gone spectacularly badly, to say the least.

Kodiak, have you been cheating on SF or is it just your other personality because your attitude doesn't seem to offend too many here. What's going on?

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

Kodiak, have you been cheating on SF or is it just your other personality because your attitude doesn't seem to offend too many here. What's going on?
    Hey, sometimes you leave a call girl and come back a whore.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

They're xl but they didn't have any l's so for 120 I scooped anyway. I'll probably get them taken in or wear a belt but they taper so much they look fine with the loafers when I got them pinned up. They're on the way wait by the mailbox and just when you think they won't be showing up wait a few more days.

Next time you see this for $120 in a size M, you better let me know.

6. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

but after a certain point what's the use in arguing...there's a thousand you's, and only one of me.

i think you're forgetting your favorite sock-puppet, here...

no not directly, but you sure as hell do indirectly. There are countless times where you do the indirect pat your own back that allude to this. If you don't think you do, then it's a good thing there's only "one of you"

azn on azn crime...way before it's time...

for the record:

i very much liked socal's gap outfit...

f2b is by far my fave azn (especially since i am him)...and, i subscribe much more to the school of thought that he (we) presents... but, i must say that i was perturbed by the bluemagic bashing...i mean, yeah...begging ryegb for a rating is mighty gay...but, these forums can have a way of knocking people a little off-balance...

re: kodiak's assimilation...am i the only motherfucker who thinks there is something profoundly sickening about a high school kid walking around wearing circa 1000 beans-worth of gear (that some douchebags on the internet told him to buy)???

I think next time a derailment of this magnitude occurs I will be forced to post a fit.

i shall begin concocting the next one, right away

7. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

azn on azn crime...way before it's time...

BLAOW! I got slaughtered and had my carcass hung out to dry...

maybe it's time i take my own advice and stop taking things so seriously...ah what the hell

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

re: kodiak's assimilation...am i the only motherfucker who thinks there is something profoundly sickening about a high school kid walking around wearing circa 1000 beans-worth of gear (that some douchebags on the internet told him to buy)???
    It's far less conspicuous than the menagerie of parental wealth that is the HS parking lot. [​IMG]

9. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton sportscoat
    PS hair scarf
    NM pocket-square
    Brioni polo
    Zegna pant
    MD belt
    PS socks
    Gucci boots
    Creed cologne
    GP watch

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

A bit similar to my last fit, but people have been asking me to post fits more. You underestimate the boringness of my day-to-day attire! And yes, my apartment really is that small. [​IMG] Jacket: Thick as thieves Turtleneck: Uniqlo Jeans: April 77 (Joey Intensity) Shoes: dior Homme

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

^That is awesome. Zack Morris sleeve roll and all.

12. Eason

Eason Senior member

I told you fuckers that rolled sleeves are back.

13. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Is that a dancing Hitler Smiley Face avatar?

14. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

I'm in college...

15. Eason

Eason Senior member

Is that a dancing Hitler Smiley Face avatar?

Yes it is! [​IMG]

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I think a lot of the complaints have much more to do with Kodiak's attitude then his appearance. He's made himself a presence on several other forums (other than sufu) and it has gone spectacularly badly, to say the least.
    I haven't seen that here but don't frequent other clothing forums. That's too bad. Keep in mind though, he's just a teenager, he's still in high school. Those kinds of comments are the product of not having fully developed the ability to interact socially without pissing off adults. I would probably be acting like a bit of a tool, too, if I were still 17 and in high school. Cut the kid a little slack. EDIT: Okay, he's older than 17 and not in high school. Slightly less slack. But still, cmon, he's a young'n. On another note, Brian SD: Fuck you for being too good at wearing clothes. Everything you've posted recently has been more or less unimpeachable from where I sit.

17. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Watch out for my new record: "Zack Attack & the Hot Fudge Sundaes"

18. West24

West24 Senior member

A bit similar to my last fit, but people have been asking me to post fits more. You underestimate the boringness of my day-to-day attire! And yes, my apartment really is that small.

[​IMG]

Jacket: Thick as thieves
    Turtleneck: Uniqlo
    Jeans: April 77 (Joey Intensity)
    Shoes: dior Homme

looks amazing just dont know how i feel about the sleeves with a rolled up sleeve.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

I'm already afraid of what my non-round eye half will say.

20. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

I'm already afraid of what my non-round eye half will say.

"what's a 5 letter word for crack in armor?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.