(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I have a feeling that sooner or later we're gonna find out that Phat Guido is Loose Change's long-lost father.

2. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

It's not as out of place as you think. Your dress shoes in a running forum is completely different. We all have different definitions of streetwear and a suit works just fine. Are you against the Thick as Thieves thread?

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

suit is fine in this thread.. anyone care to comment on my shirt above, i got it for free, and it is definitely not SF friendly

4. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

suit is fine in this thread.. anyone care to comment on my shirt above, i got it for free, and it is definitely not SF friendly
    Post a pic of the bloody shirtless man you stole it from, and maybe then it will be comment worthy.

5. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Very nice. IWC is beautiful. But why are you posting this in Streetwear and Denim?
    - why not?
    Because it's awesome, and he can. PG, one of these days I'm gonna find out where you live and follow you around, I think (I'm also in Sydney) :p Oh, and can I ask why you keep your pens in your front pocket? Doesn't it ruin the lines of the suit a bit? [EDIT] Damnit, beaten.
    - I started to keep the pens in my front pocket as they are too bulky for the inside pocket & coincidentally ruin the line of my coat? Then it just became my thing. - good luck in finding me.. BTW where in Sydney do you live? I live in the inner-east. - I like the fit of the coat
    I have a feeling that sooner or later we're gonna find out that Phat Guido is Loose Change's long-lost father.
    - stay tuned..

6. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

- why not?

The pics just seem better suited to the "what are you wearing" thread in Men's Clothing rather than the Streetwear and Denim forum. I thought my statement was pretty clear... It just makes sense to keep some sort of separation between the two.

Just one man's opinion. Carry on [​IMG]

7. why

why Senior member

Jil Sander surfer polo Raf by Raf Simons grid shorts Jil Sander patent sandals [​IMG]
    Your best investment right now would be a personal stylist. This (and other outfits) are basically higher end versions of what fathers wear to the grocery store or what frat boys wear to parties. If you're going to spend the money on designer items, at least make them work. Why would you wear patent sandals with those shorts? The textures are totally contrasting way too much and the colors are just plain odd. Sleek and sporty up top, daddy around the waist, and space cadet on your feet. Make up your mind. The tatt doesn't help, either. Ugh.

8. oneblood

oneblood Senior member

Your best investment right now would be a personal stylist. This (and other outfits) are basically higher end versions of what fathers wear to the grocery store or what frat boys wear to parties. If you're going to spend the money on designer items, at least make them work.

Why would you wear patent sandals with those shorts? The textures are totally contrasting way too much and the colors are just plain odd. Sleek and sporty up top, daddy around the waist, and space cadet on your feet.

Make up your mind.

The tatt doesn't help, either.

Ugh.

Translation: He thinks you dress like a re re.

9. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

It looks fine.

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords?

10. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

Why would you wear patent sandals with those shorts.........

Why ask why Why?

11. datasupa

datasupa Senior member

12. postnobills

postnobills Active Member

So I know these pictures don't display my outfit super well, but thought I'd post 'em here anyway. You can still kind of see the fit. I think you can guess which one I am. 'Twas a swell day in the city. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Generic glasses from some Berkeley boutique Vintage black cotton jacket (no tags on it, purchased at Crossroads) Champion V-neck "Urban Outfitters" Purple "Tight" Pants (go ahead, laugh) Fossil Messenger Clarks Beeswax Desert Boots Open to criticism. =) And don't mind my hypebeast friends. =P

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I regret not buying those purple pants last winter when they were on sale for $20-30. They had a nice shade of purple to them.

14. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Your best investment right now would be a personal stylist. This (and other outfits) are basically higher end versions of what fathers wear to the grocery store or what frat boys wear to parties. If you're going to spend the money on designer items, at least make them work.

I think SoCal's problem is that he just has too many clothes. When he steps into his closet, he's too dizzied by the possibilities for an outfit for him to assemble one that actually works well together.

Not that I have anything against SoCal. He seems like a great guy, but he's probably my least favorite WAYWT regular, and probably the one that spends most on clothes.

His fits usually seem at least a little tonedeaf to me, like he's trying to hypebeast in designer clothes. Not every piece in your outfit can be an impact piece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.