• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
nice. i have garments like this as well...."honesty shirt-trousers-suit".....I think everyone should have an honesty garment once they are at a weight and size they want to maintain. Something with very very little, if any, tolerance for weight gain.

You and LA Guy bring up a great point. I find it to be more motivating, especially in those winter months, than even scales, or what you see in the mirror. You can't fool yourself when you go to try 'em on.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Hold the **** on. If the guy is serving in combat, he's earned all the respect he needs to. That doesn't mean he's not an asshole if he says certain things, but don't try to tell me he's just some guy tossed into a uniform and shipped off somewhere. It's not just choosing a certain job; he didn't sign up to be a waiter or manage a grocery store, he's getting shot at for no readily apparent reason on the simple faith that the leaders of his country know what's best for it and think it's necessary (sorry about that, by the way, on their behalf). If it's an ordinary job in any way, it's that it doesn't bring a whole lot of money, fame or benefits (sorry again); it's done purely for love of country. That's patriotism backed up with actions, which is a hell of a lot more than most armchair pundits manage, and which earns you plenty of respect in my book. Call the guy an asshole all you want, but you better be thanking him for his service at the same time, or you're just as big an asshole. At least as far as I'm concerned.

"The leaders of his country know what's best for it and think it's necessary". HAHAHAHA

Yeah...Yeah... I keep forgetting how amazing America is.

Oh yeah I totally thank him. I thank him and soldiers from previous generations as well as Naval officers and C.I.A. for being part of a government that has backed up the killing of thousands of people in a country that I happen to be from. I thank our beautiful government for that. Military service is backed up by patriotic ignorance.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He didn't say they knew what was necessary. He said think, and his apology even suggests that he believes they are wrong...

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love SF, but you guys have got to give it a rest.

DSC_0019.jpg

Jacques Cousteau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
seriously. what do you guys think about my new hat?

solo.jpg

I'd return and size down twice.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
xchen- really dig the last pic you posted of the chambray/denim. It gives me hope for tailoring a union-made chambray I thrifted a month or two back.

I think someone tried to say something about your belt being cocked, I have to wear mine cocked as its damn near impossible to find a belt meant for someone with a 28 inch or less waist.

jpgm- I think your new haircut seems out of place with your overall aesthetic. It seems too summer, whereas your look tends to scream winter from almost every angle. It doesn't look bad, just not really typical you. Maybe this is what you were going for, but your longer Dylan-esque hair from your summer just seemed better suited to your fits IMO.

a little less talk, a few more fits

(Am I really wearing black denim... WTF?)

waywt-2.jpg

Chucks whose toecaps look black somehow cause of soot on them and mayve the flash?
Thrifted black 501's with rad rusted copper hardware!
stapleford western i got from urban

not the greatest ever, but a fit nonetheless.

PS: My ever so humble opinion= The military is a business, whose business is War. War is preventable, but why the **** would the military prevent business? Anyone willing to serve deserves as much respect as anyone else willing to deal with other peoples **** (IE plumbers, nurses,horse jockeys). It was their choice to serve, choosing to serve in the military doesn't make someone virtous at all.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I think someone tried to say something about your belt being cocked, I have to wear mine cocked as its damn near impossible to find a belt meant for someone with a 28 inch or less waist.

Most makers size belts so that you're supposed to size up 2 from usual pants size. I'm your size and find good deals on size 30 and 32 belts all the time.

Musselma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
PS: My ever so humble opinion= The military is a business, whose business is War. War is preventable, but why the **** would the military prevent business? Anyone willing to serve deserves as much respect as anyone else willing to deal with other peoples **** (IE plumbers, nurses,horse jockeys). It was their choice to serve, choosing to serve in the military doesn't make someone virtous at all.

I disagree, largely because their choosing to serve prevents people like you and I from being FORCED to serve. The fact that someone is willingly going to put their life on the line to protect my life from being in danger (through being drafted) is something that I have the utmost respect for, even if said person is a complete asshole in every other aspect of their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads