1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mayor

The_Mayor Well-Known Member

First WAYWT photo here. Just got these jeans... what do you think? They look high-waisted to me, but maybe I'm just crazy?

Sorry about the small pics.

Shirt - Ted Baker
    Belt - Gap
    Jeans - 7 (OK, I know you guys love the APCs and Nudies, but these are nice)
    Shoes - Cheaney
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tigerx

tigerx Senior member

*sigh* i agree with hemming the shirt, i never wear shirt tucked, especially with jeans.....but i just hate altering my clothes. it should fit perfectly the first time. [​IMG]

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

*sigh* i agree with hemming the shirt, i never wear shirt tucked, especially with jeans.....but i just hate altering my clothes. it should fit perfectly the first time. [​IMG]
    http://www.bandofoutsiders.com/ Mayor, those are riding a bit high on you. Might want to bring them down on your waist a bit.

4. The_Mayor

Yeah, that's the problem with me and jeans. I have big hips but otherwise skinny (29-30" waist), so even low-rise jeans sit high on me.

5. tigerx

tigerx Senior member

thanks whodini but i'm afraid that my student budget won't allow me to spend more then 100$CAD on a shirt [​IMG]

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

thanks whodini but i'm afraid that my student budget won't allow me to spend more then 100$CAD on a shirt [​IMG]
    You can find deals on ebay. I let a gray BoO shirt go for $100 today because...I forgot. [​IMG]

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

RLPL shirt
    KL jeans
    BJ belt
    CH socks
    Gravati chelsea boots

8. excellence

excellence Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like those g-stars you got there berlin.

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

What shirt was that btw?

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Another tucked shot, let the wonders cease... more modern trad, but with more modern pieces. Etro OCBD Belvest navy windowpane blazer RRDS Random Italian Belt Zara laceup boots [​IMG] Bonus pic that got overexposed. [​IMG]

11. sforzando

sforzando Active Member

Another tucked shot, let the wonders cease... more modern trad, but with more modern pieces.

Etro OCBD
    Belvest navy windowpane blazer
    RRDS
    Random Italian Belt
    Zara laceup boots

[​IMG]

Bonus pic that got overexposed.

[​IMG]

I have one criticism of how you dress. With so many dry jeans you are sort of missing the point- they all look brand new and unbroken in. Wear one pair til they are beatiful and let them mold to you. I hate how impersonal your enormous denim collection is.

12. Asch

Asch Senior member

Drizz, that's the best I've seen you look in jeans. The tuck does wonders for your proportions, and the RRDS is a perfect fit for you, with a nice break.
    Yeah, that's the problem with me and jeans. I have big hips but otherwise skinny (29-30" waist), so even low-rise jeans sit high on me.
    Yeah, the hip flare is noticeable on those jeans, but not too bad. I assume you have long legs and a high waist too, and you're already wearing these jeans 3-4" below your navel? If so, you may want to search for jeans with a tighter top block (relative to their waist size) as your next pair. My hip flare problems were eliminated when I got jeans with a boxier top block and a mid- to low-rise (Iron Heart 634S and Eternal 811 in my case). The APC New Standards are often recommended as an affordable jean with a modern slim cut.

13. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Like those g-stars you got there berlin.
    Personally, I have nothing against G-Star but I think the good guys over at Lee Gold might not be at all impressed.[​IMG]

Drizzt, I think you've proven my point. You look good.

14. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    ]

I think this is the best fitting denim, on you, that you've posted. Once they soften up, especially the knees, they will be perfect.

I think the tucking thing is working for you, you look more balanced. The collar on the shirt isn't working for you though, it is too high.

15. Omegablogger

Omegablogger Senior member

YMC jacket
    Budd cravat
    ES Fulton jeans
    Adidas Gazelle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Drizzt, you need to become a permanent member of my "Tucked Only" club for men. The past few tucked fits have looked 1000x better on you, so much more flattering

17. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

YMC jacket

nice. I just saw that jacket the other week and it's a really cool lightweight jacket. I like the buttondown collar detail too. These jeans look much better than your previous pic with the blazer.

18. The_Mayor

Thanks for the tips, Asch. I went back and read your previous post pn hip flare. You have a very similar frame to mine-- 5'9", 148 lbs, 29-30" waist but wide hips and short torso.

So the Iron Hearts worked out for you? How low do you wear them? My jeans always look high waisted, even when they're down near my ass crack.

19. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

[​IMG]

Lovely. That jacket's reversible right?

20. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

Calvin Klein Trouser-cut denim
    Calvin Klein navy pocketed polo
    Robert Wayne cognac colored slip-ons with center seam
    Perry Ellis cognac colored belt
    (Casual Friday)

Thread Status: