(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Stop being such a prude Ghulkan. Who HASN'T been part of a bukkake festival.
    *Kwilk reluctantly raises hand.*

Do these things, immediately, and don't post here or SZ or anywhere else til you've done them.

Strong first post. Yeah, SoCal!!! Don't post anymore until you've read a 19th century novel you richie rich!
    [​IMG]

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I like this new fellow.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

So, this my first post here. That doesn't invalidate what I have to say.

SoCal2NYC, you're a rich boy buying super-expensive clothing with your daddy's money (as you've admitted on SZ). Some might say that has nothing to do with anything, but I say it very much does. It means you're trying to punch well above your real weight class and there's a vibe that comes with that.

You haven't 'earned' your clothes in any sense, financial, experiential, nothing. You go into a store, buy ultra high end names and then throw them on.

You consistently look bad in your clothing. You emanate nothing in them, just soul deadening, end-of-time, dying empire elite showiness. You've got no wit, no depth, no texture, no inherent eye, no talent.

You're like some bratty son of a director given the camera on the basis of your father's name, making a flat, joyless, inept shit sandwich of a film.

So, some positive advice: stop fucking buying shit. Just fucking stop. Sell 75% of the shit in your closet and start experimenting with earth-bound shit.

Read a goddamn book about history. Read a 19th century novel, preferably Lost Illusions by Balzac or The Red and the Black by Stendhal, both thematically very similar.

Do these things, immediately, and don't post here or SZ or anywhere else til you've done them.

This is way too long to make my new signature unfortunately. [​IMG]

I just did read A Hero of Our Time.

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

the affinia is fucking hysterical. i walk past it going home and there are always like $11 hookers talking to fat middle managers and midwestern tourists. i have to grab a drink there.

Only once at the Affinia across from MSG and I was one of 20 bukakers and not the bukakee.

5. codename

codename Member

[​IMG] BR What Comes Around AE

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i have to step in here. i've worked really hard to get where i am and come from modest means, but hating on someone for coming from money is fucking ridiculous.

i went to art school with lots of rich kids and aside from stealing their drugs and paint, i never held anything against them.

socal could be out buying scary old-money shit like elephant trunks and tapestries but buys more atypical clothing that like everyone else, usually works, sometimes doesn't.

jealousy is a real fuck in the ass. don't hate.

This is way too long to make my new signature unfortunately. [​IMG]

I just did read A Hero of Our Time.

7. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Only once at the Affinia across from MSG and I was one of 20 bukakers and not the bukakee.
    [​IMG]

8. oneblood

oneblood Senior member

So, this my first post here. That doesn't invalidate what I have to say.

SoCal2NYC, you're a rich boy buying super-expensive clothing with your daddy's money (as you've admitted on SZ). Some might say that has nothing to do with anything, but I say it very much does. It means you're trying to punch well above your real weight class and there's a vibe that comes with that.

You haven't 'earned' your clothes in any sense, financial, experiential, nothing. You go into a store, buy ultra high end names and then throw them on.

You consistently look bad in your clothing. You emanate nothing in them, just soul deadening, end-of-time, dying empire elite showiness. You've got no wit, no depth, no texture, no inherent eye, no talent.

You're like some bratty son of a director given the camera on the basis of your father's name, making a flat, joyless, inept shit sandwich of a film.

So, some positive advice: stop fucking buying shit. Just fucking stop. Sell 75% of the shit in your closet and start experimenting with earth-bound shit.

Read a goddamn book about history. Read a 19th century novel, preferably Lost Illusions by Balzac or The Red and the Black by Stendhal, both thematically very similar.

Holy crap...spewing vitriol.

9. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I like this new fellow.

I find his ideas intriguing, and would like to subscribe to his newsletter.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Let's all come up with a list of required reading before one is eligible to wear Jil Sander!

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

There's a required reading list before you're allowed to the newsletter.....

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i read every issue of honcho before i bought my first piece from raf simons.

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Don't you realize "Flensing Knife" is just an anagram for "Too Many Secrets?"

14. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

"Bukaker"[​IMG]

15. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Holy crap...spewing vitriol.
    So-Cal, was this fella the "Bukakee" by any chance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.