• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpgm
WDYWT120608.jpg

This is awesome! The color of the shirt just pops out and is framed quite nicely by the way the hoodie's zipped.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el Guapo WOngO!
- in the end, it is up to how the individual conducts them selves & whether they have the gravitas
[/b]

gravitas...i love that word. it's all about the gravitas.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah jpgm thats good **** man reminds me of Yohji's F/w 08/09 with the colored patterns peeking through a sea of black.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
gravitas is Kieffer Sutherland's fave word, *****r is his least
- & I use this?
smile.gif

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we had 4 straight days of 100 degrees / 100% humidity... brutal
PICT0666.jpg

artist's print tshirt
h&m shorts
vans prison issue

then this is from the climax of the heat wave - the worst torrential hail storms I have ever seen in my life.
PICT0675.jpg

BR long sleeve
5ep x SF
chucks

I'm not joking about these storms - the hail I was able to photograph here was on the smaller side. It went on for about 10 minutes and piled up against the side of my house.
PICT0681.jpg

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el Guapo WOngO!
- FWIW I have worked in the finance industry as a senior relationship banker for the top 10 Tier 1 MNC, we were all very well dressed, PS, brown shoe & all!
- I currently hold the same position, but for a global professional services firm (very conservative), & I still wear PS & brown shoes..
- have a look at my WAYT posts in the grown up section
- in the end, it is up to how the individual conducts them selves & whether they have the gravitas

- I love how you don't hold back!

Originally Posted by JoelF
+1. And the worst part is, after they ding you, you will never be forgotten. As in, "hey rememember that guy who came in with the pocket square, yoik, yoik."

Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
People still have to remember that the older generation remain in positions of authority to hire. It strokes their ego to hire people that remind them of themselves. People on this board should know: Fashion is something appreciated and subscribed to by very few people of this generation, let alone the older one.

Some food for thought here. EGW doesn't seem to agree with you guys, but
maybe it's a senior vs. entry-level divide. One thing that confuses me is why the OLDER people wouldn't want you to dress traditionally - unless you mean the jeans-wearing boomer generation. Which would make sense. Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what the tone of an office is before you enter it. I guess I could ask when they call about interviews....

Today:
ClothingShots275.jpg
ClothingShots276.jpg

and bonus out of the light shot from last night
ClothingShots274.jpg

Zara man washed cotton salmon shirt
5EP LDB jeans
Onitsuka Tai Chi in Brown/Brown

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Sweltering to death on the Common shortly after an interview
ClothingShots265.jpg

Aquascutum blue pinstripe
Jantzen herringbone FC
Gianfranco Ferre forest green paisley tie
Square f/Drinkwater's
Loake chelseas
Korchmar bag

I don't think you should listen to the "haters" with respect to how you are dressed. I think you look pretty sharp and professional.

However, I do strongly suggest a haircut and maybe consider shaving the facial hair for a while. You don't need to have a run of the mill corporate haircut, but if you may want to clean it up a little bit, maybe put some product in it. Otherwise I think you look good and I'd definitely hire you based on the clothing.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Some food for thought here. EGW doesn't seem to agree with you guys, but
maybe it's a senior vs. entry-level divide. One thing that confuses me is why the OLDER people wouldn't want you to dress traditionally - unless you mean the jeans-wearing boomer generation. Which would make sense. Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what the tone of an office is before you enter it. I guess I could ask when they call about interviews....

I agree with EGW pretty much. However, interviews can be a touchy situation. A lot of times you have no idea what your boss is going to be like or who is interviewing you. One guy I work for is just not a clothes guy. He's very well dressed an I know he respects that I always, always, always wear at least a tie and blazer; however, I think he rolls his eyes sometimes when I have the stuff like a bright pocket square or flashy cufflinks.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for pissing about at home

uyfjBYROG.jpg

alakazam
apc
maharishi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads